cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent WiFi pod -not working

GreyStone83
Tuning in

Hello,

My WiFi pod has not been working for 5 days now. The issue is that the white light keeps on pulsating on and off. I ve looked through the trouble shooting guides and tried the following;

• Turn the WiFi hub off and on
  • Moved the pod to various locations
  • Checked the settings and they are all correct.

Please help as this issue is disrupting home learning for the children. 

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Ells272002
Joining in

Im having the same issue. Have you found a way to fix it?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @GreyStone83,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your pod issues on the forums.

Thanks for trying all of the troubleshooting guides that we have available, are you still having issues with this?

Please let me know and I will see what I can do to help.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes I'm still having the same issue. No matter what I try. We tried everything in the guides and online.

Can you think of anything else I can do, besides getting another one?

Thanks

No fix yet. 

Rang Virgin Media yesterday and they went through all of the same steps of restarting and moving the pod. 

Not sure what else to try, it's really strange, nothing changed in the house, one day working next not. 

🤷🏼‍♂️

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I know you have said, you have tried everything, does that include a pinhole reset of the hub?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Yes I held a pin in the reset hole for 90seconds.

Any other suggestions?

Have you confirmed that your Hub is correctly configured?

• Hub in Router Mode
  • Single SSID, covering both 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi bands
  • Channel Optimisation enabled

Thanks

Rob

I can confirm that all these settings are enabled and correct. 

Anything else I can do from my end?

Is there a possibility of a new WiFi Pod especially as this service costs £5/month?

Hi GreyStone83,

Thanks for checking this for us. 

When the light is pulsing, this means it is looking for a device to connect to. It may be worth doing another pin hole reset first of all. Make sure the pod is off at the socket though while the Hub is doing it's thing. Once it is back online, move the pod closer to the Hub then power the pod on. It should flash for around 10 minutes whilst it tries to connect to your Hub. It does need around 24 hours to settle in but should the light keep pulsing, move the pod elsewhere again. 

If after the 24 hours you are still having the issues, pop back here and let us know so we can look in to things further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs