Menu
millsn
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Intelligent WiFi connected but no Internet

Hi,

Ever since my Intelligent WiFi upgrade the Android devices in my house oftern show up as still connected but no Internet. This has never been a problem with the hub 3 until this upgrade.

Also it is happening to a relative since his Intelligent WiFi upgrade.

DHCP is fine, the hub cannot ping my Android but can ping my iPhone when this happens. Also the hub doesn't see the device connected at all.

Screenshot_20210408-111812_Settings.jpgScreenshot 2021-04-08 at 10.13.27.pngScreenshot 2021-04-08 at 10.17.33.pngScreenshot 2021-04-08 at 10.18.09.png

I have noticed another user complianed of a similar issue and had to resort to buying an access point.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Intelligent-WiFi-issues/m-p/4622470

I shouldn't have to do this as my house is relatively small.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intelligent WiFi connected but no Internet

Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (you may need to click the 'post' button again).

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
millsn
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sure,

No issues with the connection itself that I've noticed with my wired devices. My Macbook and iPhone seem ok too which are wireless.

As far as I can narrow it down to, it's just Android devices.

Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 13.17.26.pngScreenshot 2021-04-08 at 13.17.46.png

I can't see any logs for wifi incidents. Troubleshooting is incredibly limited.

0 Kudos
millsn
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Here is my chart

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 09.21.28.png

 I've turned off "smart wifi" to see if that makes a differenece. I know it's just channel optimisation but it may not be handling changing channels well.

0 Kudos
mjpartyboy
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Personally, I always run separate wireless bands and a fixed channel on each. Combined bands and auto channel selection cause more problems than they fix, in my opinion, and that goes for any router with these features and not just the Super Hubs.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node
0 Kudos
millsn
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My chart seems to have been blocked from displaying.

Here's another attempt:

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 09.21.28.png

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi millsn,

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the WiFi issues.

I've ran a check on our system today and no issues are showing, all the levels are in spec and no area outages. The BQM looks fine as well.

The only thing I have seen is the router has been running for just over 13 weeks, so I would advise to reboot it when next convenient for you and then check how things are.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
millsn
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No repeat of this issue all since I've turning off "smart wifi" 3 weeks ago. So far rock solid again.

0 Kudos