cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent WiFi Pods

Eddie_123
Joining in

Since COVID I have been working from my home and my internet speeds have always been an issue in my study. Recently I received a intelligent WiFi pod to increase my speeds, which has been great.

However, unfortunately for some reason the intelligent WiFi Pods have been stopping me from accessing my company VPN. This has been tested with and without the pods, confirmed the pods are the issue. 

Has anyone else had any issues with connecting to VPNs when using the WiFi Pods?

Are there any known fixes to this issue? When I called Virgin media they explained this is the first time they have ever been made aware of this. Also, I understand there are no pod settings where I can manually fix this.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Likely the pod has only been coded to forward protocol 1,6 and 17 along with ARP and IPv6 should that ever happen.

You can get a better wireless router with a AP with hub in modem mode to get what you want as its unlikely to pods will be updated.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Cheapest option is to just get a Ethernet cable to connect your device, it’s always far better than WiFi. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2