cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent WiFi Pods Not Working

David1984
Tuning in

Hi,

I've been on the phone to CS several times and they've not been able to sort out the issue. I have 3x intelligent wifi pods that have never worked as they don't connect to my Hub 4. All 3x pods are within 2m of the hub to try and get them to connect. I have tried them individually; there are no obstructions; hub is high on an open shelf; hub set in modem mode; reset hub numerous times etc.

I have just managed to get the Media Connect app to work with my Hub 4 and it doesn't have any pods listed and can't identify any. Light on pods slow flashing white.

16 REPLIES 16

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey David1984, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of the issues faced with your Wi Fi Pods not working, we'd love to best assist with this.

Can you please advise if you've initially plugged the Pod on a wall socket (mains) near the hub and describe what light indications you got on it, if so?

Also, how many pods are currently in use and is any of them working as normal or have you had the one pod replaced 4 times due to operating issues?

Please, let us know of the above and we're eager to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Having same issues with pods definitely an issue with them asked customer service agent if they needed to be activated to my account and he said no they just need to be plugged in near router first to get activated, have read elsewhere that they need to be activated to my account by virgin media can anyone advise please. 

Hi Adri,

All pods plugged in within 2m of Hub4. I've disconnected two of them to see if I can get 1 working, but still no joy after 4-days. Pods just have a slow blinking white light.

I have 3x pods total, but none of them connect. I had 1x replacement sent out to see if that would fix the issue but it hasn't. The 4th pod is packaged to be returned to VM.

I've never had these pods working since I've owned them.

I have an engineer visiting today so will let you know how that goes and if they are able to fix.

Thanks

Engineer from VM came over today. Mentioned there is an issue with Hub4 and intelligent wifi pods connecting. He swapped out my Hub4 for a Hub5 and it's all working. Pods connected within a few minutes and no more flashing lights.

Hub4 is the issue if anyone is having issues with intelligent wifi pods in future.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi David1984, 

Thank you for updating the thread and letting us know the issues has now been resolved. 

Please do let us know if you experience any further issues or have any questions. 

Thanks, 

Nat

I have the same issue except I have Hub 3. I assume it is a wifi signal frquency that is incompataible. Is the only resolution to change router?

Hi @Keith5931 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having similar issues with your WiFi pods. I can however see you are currently discussing this issue on another thread with a colleague. Please remain in contact there as they will do their best to resolve this issue for you.

Thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs