Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent WiFi Pods Not Working

davieK
Tuning in

HI

Can someone advise me on the Wifi Pods.

I got one to provide extra coverage in the home office, and initially it worked fine. After being switched on for a few days the download speed drops to 0.1MB/s, the upload is fine.  This is worse than the week connection from the HUB and nit a reliable solution.

Do I need to get this replaced or can it be resolved by changing setting or updating software.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you placed the Pod halfway between the black spot and the Hub? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you placed the Pod halfway between the black spot and the Hub? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes.

It work great for a few days and then has an upload speed that is of no use.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @davieK,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Wi-Fi Pods lately. Are these ongoing today? If so, can you confirm what troubleshooting and diagnostics you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Cheers,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

I've tried positioning them in different positions in the house but the outcome is the same.

After a few days the download speed via the Pod is measured at 0.1MB/sec by the Upload speed has not been affected.

Speeds have been measured via Wifi using a device next to the Pod and by connecting an ethernet cable. 

The pods also gets quite hot.

Ditch it and get your own better equipment 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

niijonodhg
Tuning in

I got a Hub 4 plus two intelligent wifi pods about 3 weeks ago.

They’ve all worked perfectly for three weeks until last night when the WiFi pod in our bedroom (three floors up) is now doing exactly what you’ve posted about.

WiFi everywhere else is absolutely fine but that pod is now not providing any download speed.

I have the Hub on the bottom floor, a pod on the second floor and then the third pod (the one now not working) is in our bedroom on the third floor.

Have you managed to get this resolved?

1BC4615A-A266-4B25-A1F4-B725EBD613D6.png

Still unresolved. Gone back to just using the Hub. I only switch the POD on when required.

Hi davieK,

I am sorry to hear you're still having an issue with your broadband service. 

Can you confirm if you disconnect the pods and connect a device directly to the hub via an Ethernet cable. 

What speed do you get on a speed test?

^Martin

Hi Martin

Ethernet & wifi priduce the same result

Upload speed - Normal

Download speed - 0.1Mb/sec

Turning the Pod off for a few minutes will resolve the issue but only for 2-3days.