cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing NordVPN on Hub 3

nickrlawrence
Joining in

I think this question has been asked before but I don't know much about the hub 3 router.

I have nordvpn and I want to somehow configure the hub 3 so that all the internet traffic goes over the VPN

Is this possible and if so how do I configure the router?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
You can't configure VPN on the hub, only the individual devices you are connecting with

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Timwilky
Fibre optic

Dead simple

Put the hub into modem mode. Install a gateway device that supports VPN (I use pfSense) many router will also, Set your firewall/routing rules and away you go.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

Anonymous
Not applicable
IP routing is not "dead simple" infact its one of the harder things to do

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
You can't configure VPN on the hub, only the individual devices you are connecting with

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

You'll need a 3rd party router that supports VPN as the Hub 3 is just a basic modem router.

Here's a good read fot you:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/best-vpn-routers

apcyberax, on my system is dead simple, one rule

Define source, destination and gateway to use.

Screenshot_20200403-161922_Chrome.jpg

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

Anonymous
Not applicable
one you have the vpn setup and working 🙂 and getting pfsense setup in the first place. not the skill level of your every day user

nickrlawrence
Joining in

Thank you for the replies everyone but it looks far more complicated than I thought. I think I'll just connect the individual devices.

NordVPN got hacked a few months ago, there they tried to hush it up.

IMO i would stay clear of them.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

Ppetrov1983
Joining in

Hello

I am new to Virgin and to VPN staff but I did try to install Nordvpn on virgin media Hub 3 and its not working at all, even I cannot open the web page.

From what I am reading until now I understand that Virgin is protected and not allowing VPN’s at all and that I need to buy a separate router which is supporting VPN and run my Hub 3 as a modem.

Is right or I am not going at all at right direction.

Thank you