Menu
GinaM89
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Instagram issues on WiFi

Switched to virgin media a month ago, been working fine until I ran into this problem a day or two ago. Tried all fixes I can think of. All other apps work fine except for instagram. Very slow load on videos and stories simply refuse to load. Works fine on data and any other WiFi connection. I use Instagram as part of my business and I’m extremely frustrated, especially having been talked over to your services from a provider that gave me none of these issues. I have been reading through threads that show many people have this problem  with no resolve. What is being done about this? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Instagram issues on WiFi

Hi GinaM89, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch, 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue when using Instagram. 

As this is quite a unusual issue, I have taken to the Forum to see if the members and team have been able to find a fix.

From reading some of our pages, I can see that a few members have found this issue has been fixed by turning off the Smart WiFi feature. 

Would you be able to try the same work around and test if this fixes the problem?

You can do this by following these steps- 

1) Login to your hub

2) Click advanced settings

3) Click wireless

4) Click wireless signal

5) Scroll to Smart Wifi and disable it

6) Click Apply

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
GinaM89
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I’ve heard of this possible fix but I’m unable to try it because I’ve been trying to register for over a week now and the sight is down. I check everyday but still get a page saying the sight is under repair.  I’m running out of patience with this company extremely quickly considering I only switched to your service a couple of weeks ago I seem to have nothing but problems

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. 

I am afraid the problem when logging in is a known issue and we are doing what we can to get it resolved as soon as possible. 

My apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. 

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos
Nikolic
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie,

I have the exact same issue as the original poster but disabling Smart Wifi has not solved it for me?

0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@GinaM89 wrote:

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I’ve heard of this possible fix but I’m unable to try it because I’ve been trying to register for over a week now and the sight is down. I check everyday but still get a page saying the sight is under repair.  I’m running out of patience with this company extremely quickly considering I only switched to your service a couple of weeks ago I seem to have nothing but problems

You don't need to register for MyVirginMedia to access you hub, that's a totally different thing.

Just go to http://192.168.0.1 and log in with the hub password you have set (or the default info on the bottom of the hub if you haven't logged in  before).

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

My apololgies GinaM89, I should have been clearer and clarified what cje85 has advised in their post. 

We are working to resolve the issue with the logins but you should be able to access the Hub advanced settings via the information provided. 

Thanks @cje85.

Nat
0 Kudos
GinaM89
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I’ll give that ago but from what I’ve read it doesn’t always work. Finger crossed I guess

0 Kudos
miaas2011
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin supplied hub is garbage anyway, do yourself a favour and buy a router and put the hub into modem mode, you won't regret it.

0 Kudos
GinaM89
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I went to this web sight as suggested http://192.168.0.1/ and could not find anything to do with smart WiFi and in the proses of searching something has changed and my whole internet has gone off and cannot go into this sight again on my data to try and fix it so I have nothing and no way to fix it. Help please I’m running low on data now. Sick to death of virgin media!!!

0 Kudos