Menu
jenwithonen
Tuning in
Message 11 of 84
Flag for a moderator

Re: Instagram issues on WiFi

The app opens fine, it's just the content that is slower than slow. 

I'll open up the app and just see a whole lot of grey/loading boxes. Text loads, just nothing else. It's only on Virgin WiFi, loads fine on every other WiFi and 4G. If I switch off my wireless, everything loads super quickly but obviously this is not ideal. 

Rebooted my router multiple times and every sort of network diagnostic tool tells me that my connection is fast and it is, just not on instagram (and sometimes facebook) so there must be some issue with whatever settings the virgin wifi/router has. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 84
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this jenwithonen

Very strange this is just happening with Instagram. Although I have encountered this before.

Are you having any kinds of issues with other applications or websites? 

There could possibly be an outage in the local area that could be causing this issue for you. Click here and enter your postcode 

David_Bn

0 Kudos
jenwithonen
Tuning in
Message 13 of 84
Flag for a moderator

No issues with any other apps/sites.

No known network issues (now or in January when I originally posted).

It's just been like this since I switched over to Virgin broadband, so I sincerely hope that it's not a persistent network issue otherwise the 7 months left on my contract are going to be annoying. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 84
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate that jenwithonen,

We can look into this via a web chat. 

David_Bn

0 Kudos
jenwithonen
Tuning in
Message 15 of 84
Flag for a moderator

Think I've fixed it, turning off "Smart WiFi" seems to have sorted me : https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Potential-FIX-for-WiFi-Disconnections/td-p/...

Hub3isaproblem
Tuning in
Message 16 of 84
Flag for a moderator

Having switched from the hub2 (no issues) to the hub3 and then having exactly the same issues on multiple devices with instagram, I can attest that the issue is common (we've experienced the issue 8+ months and will be leaving virgin at end of contract).

I will try the solution links above by the community and roll my eyes at the fact that Virgin continue to ignore these kind of issues and push their hub3.

0 Kudos
aidanjames
Joining in
Message 17 of 84
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this... I had the exact same issue... very odd. This workaround resolved my issue too 🙂

0 Kudos
Sjames16
Tuning in
Message 18 of 84
Flag for a moderator

I’m having this issue as well. Tried all the various suggestions across multiple threads in this forum and still no joy. This has to be a problem with the virgin hub and we need a solution 

0 Kudos
Hub3isaproblem
Tuning in
Message 19 of 84
Flag for a moderator

@Sjames16 To be honest, the above mentioned 'solution' may have seemingly improved things at first, but in actual fact, I've still got the same problem a month or two later. Perhaps the only real remedy is to either sit out your contract and then switch Service Providers after your 12 months (or whatever) sentence is completed, binning the Hub3 in the process.

Or Trying out 'Modem Only' mode on the Hub3 - the problem being you then need to buy a dedicated router (presumably expensive, but working!) to do the actual WiFi traffic management bit. There are some videos on YouTube about moving in this direction (that many have trodden).

0 Kudos
Alex-Smith
Settling in
Message 20 of 84
Flag for a moderator

Im having the same problem. As soon as I turn off the Wi-Fi on my phone off it works fine. 

0 Kudos