cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instagram issues While On Wifi

anoopm2412
Tuning in

Hi, 

I’m currently on Virgin media fibre optic internet on 100mbps plan. But, the problem is everytime when i try instagram , the app is really slow that it won’t even open videos and posts. All other websites and app works completely ok. The speed when i checked is showing 108mbps. When i change to the Mobile data, then it start working perfectly without even a single connectivity issue. It’s clearly indicating a broadband issue for some of the social media apps. Please someone recommend a solution. Thanks Anoop

88 REPLIES 88

Hi Spallie86 and others,

I think i found a fix.

Connect to the wifi and go to your browser.

Type in 192.168.0.1. The password is underneath your hub. Type that in.

Go to Security

Then Firewall. Deselect everything and apply changes.

This should hopefully fix all instagram issues. My app now loads videos, stories, photos really quickly.

But obviously taking off the firewall settings does leave you exposed but you can always install security software on your laptop.

Hopefully thats helped!

Not sure if I have to reset anything after but doesn’t seem to work for me. Gutted! Thought it was solved 

Hi spallie, did you untick the firewall settings and save it?

can also try a reboot of the hub once you’ve deactivated the firewall.

It still doesn’t work after rebooting a couple of times 😩

dsmiech
Settling in

Hello,
I have the same problem, the only think that worked was turning off the firewall but I would like to use Instagram with firewall on. I wish Virgin Media could fix that issue. 

Nothing worked for this in the end. Had to call Virgin Media and they had to send a new hub out which was the only solution.

No i have the same issue . No idea how to fix since virgin media said it’s not their network problem..

Hi anoopm2412, 

Sorry you're still having an issue with this, can you please confirm if you've been through the suggestive fixes in this thread? 

ALEX_RM

Nikolic
On our wavelength

I'm experiencing similar issues with Instagram loading times. Content just doesn't seem to load very fast/at all. The moment I disconnect from WIFI and to 4G it loads completely fine.

This is the same across multiple devices accessing different Instagram accounts.

My actual internet speeds (and all other websites) load completely fine. (I consistently get 100mb speeds)

A friend who also lives in the area, with a Superhub 2, does not experience the same issues leading me to think it could be my Superhub 3. 

I have tried disabling Smart Wifi and also the Websafe feature but neither have worked. I will look into disabling the firewalls but surely that cannot be a long term solution? I would rather not compromise my devices security.