cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instagram issues While On Wifi

anoopm2412
Tuning in

Hi, 

I’m currently on Virgin media fibre optic internet on 100mbps plan. But, the problem is everytime when i try instagram , the app is really slow that it won’t even open videos and posts. All other websites and app works completely ok. The speed when i checked is showing 108mbps. When i change to the Mobile data, then it start working perfectly without even a single connectivity issue. It’s clearly indicating a broadband issue for some of the social media apps. Please someone recommend a solution. Thanks Anoop

88 REPLIES 88

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear that anoopm2412, Is this still happening is it just Instagram?

Thanks Joe_F

Same issue in my house. Any suggestions?

shrekels
Tuning in

I''m experiencing the same issues with instagram on mobile devices in my household.

On Virgin WIFI instagram photo are slow to load, videos will only play for a few seconds then stops.

Switching to 4G rectifies the issue instantly. Photos load and videos play really quickly.

Turning on my phones VPN also solves the issue and instagram works perfectly.

Anyone else experiencing the same problems. Is there a fix. 

spallie86
Tuning in

I am also having these issues.

Instagram works completely fine when on my cellular data, however when i connect to my Virgin Wifi at home, it simply doesn't fully work. You can go onto the app, but you cannot post/comment/like any pictures at all. Comes up with a box to advise it is not allowing it.

This literally only applies to my wifi. I can connect to someone else's wifi and it work fine.

I have re-booted the internet several times, deleted the app and reinstalled. I called virgin, who said there were parental controls set on my wifi (although i am the only occupant in my house, and an adult at that) yet this still does not work. 

Struggling to find out what the issue can be. Any device - apple phone, computer of any kind, simply do not work. Rather frustrating and i feel like changing internet providers as this is used as part of a blogging site, but not helpful when i cannot actually use it!

Hi all, I'm sorry to hear of this issue. 

I have tried to replicate the issue myself today, and it's working fine for me. 

Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Yes, I have deleted the app and reinstalled it.  The issue is not with the app as this works completely fine when it is NOT connected to the WiFi. 

The issue is when you go on the app via my virgin WiFi where it does not work correctly.

Hi, thanks for coming back to me. 

Is this affecting Instagram on a wireless only connection or also a wired one? 

Is this the only app affected, is any others having the same issue?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Instagram is the only app with the issue. FB works fine and I have no issues with anything else, purely just Instagram.

This issue has been going on since I took out Virgin media WiFi (3 years now). 

When you say wired, what do you mean? I have a computer that is connected to the wireless and it does not work on there. I have no enthernet cable attached to anything

Is it just happening on the one device? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team