cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instagram and Facebook not loading pictures on wifi - wifi working

rlw1986
Tuning in

Hi

For the last 4 days I cannot see any pictures / load newsfeed on wall on Instagram or Facebook when on Wifi.

I have checked the wifi and all seems to be correct and working. I can go on all other websites / apps / stream tv and music using the wifi. The issue seems to be just wifi on Instagram and Facebook (and just noticed some YouTube). I would note that when I turn wifi off and use my mobile data , Instagram and Facebook work fine so that’s what is making me think it’s our wifi. The same is happening on my husbands phone and my kindle tablet. 

so far I’ve done all troubleshooting online - turned off router, reset router, cleared history and cache, updated Instagram and Facebook apps, deleted and reinstalled applications. Still experiencing same issues not being able to use Instagram and Facebook. 

Any help appreciated

thanks 

43 REPLIES 43

Thanks Tom

my router seems to have just re booted itself (wifi on phone went off and lights on router were flashing) - now it looks like things are working again!

Instagram and Facebook are showing pictures and YouTube can load and play songs (speed seems loads better too) 

hopefully they have rebooted at your end too 

Yeah I also just lost connection completely for a few minutes and now the issue seems to be fixed for me too.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the updates. Two out of three ain't bad. We just need our London based friend to hopefully post back that all's well again there as well

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your help Dave

Unfortunately not for me. Have reset hub etc again but no change. Service tracker says all good, but no improvement.

Hey J-ha, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with your connection.

I have taken a look at our side and I can see you have speaking with the team.

Please can you let me know how the visit goes. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

I am having the same issue- WiFi doesn't work for Facebook and Instagram etc on any devices in the house (I also live in London). I have rebooted the router several times but it hasn't sorted it. And I have tried to contact Virgin multiple times but have been unable to speak to anyone or get the issue resolved.

Any advice on how to fix it much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the service issues faced thnott,

Welcome to the community,

Just to clarify on this matter have you performed a factory reset on the Hub?

Also are you receiving any error messages when trying to access these apps?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain, 

I have performed a factory reset of the Hub using the button on the back but that hasn't sorted it. And no- no error messages. And parental controls are turned off. 

Thanks so much for your help,

Tom

We got an engineer to come out, they replace our box. And all started working fine. So you likely need a new hub!