Menu
Dangough
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Instagram Not Working on Wifi

I am fairly new to Virgin Media (a few months) and I have consistently had a dreadful experience on wifi on Instagram. 

Whenever connected to wifi, Instagram loads incredibly slowly or not at all. As soon as I disconnect from wifi, it works perfectly.

Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, for it not to work on wifi is highly inconvenient and unacceptable.

I am paying £42 a month for super fast wifi and I cannot even load a photo on instagram.

I have seen posts suggesting to disable the firewall - this is NOT a solution. That is a hacky workaround that would leave my household vulnerable.

What is the update on this? 

0 Kudos
Dangough
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Instagram Not Working on Wifi

Bump

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dangough,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear you're having problems access with Instagram whilst using your home WiFi.

Apart from Instagram, are you able to use the internet and other services whilst on WiFi?

Are you able to browse on Instagram whilst being near your Hub?

Please let us know so we can help. 

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dangough
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, everything except Instagram works well.

I am sat next to my hub. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well known issue much discussed yet unresolved.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Instagram-issues-While-On-Wifi/td-p/3900409

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos