Menu
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Incredibly Poor Service and Consistent Broadband Issues

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone finding that Virgin have the worst customer service of any company they have ever dealt with??! 

We had an issue that begun with our broadband on the 15th October.  The error message on the Virgin Media website stated that there was an issue affecting our broadband and it would be fixed by 3pm.  Fine I thought, and indeed all seemed well by 3pm.  The next day the service dropped out again, and funnily enough the same error message appeared on the website 'There is an issue in your area and it will be fixed by 3pm.'  This happened every day for over two weeks.

Whenever I called Virgin customer service to try and found out what was going on, they were only able to tell me that it would be fixed by 3pm.  I had to prompt them to look at the notes on file which showed that the issue had been going on for a long time.  What astounded me was that, whilst it was clearly a bigger issue, no one knew what was going on or could tell me when it would be fixed.  If someone has said 'look there is a big issue, and it will take two weeks to fix' I might have been annoyed but my expectations would of been managed.  Instead it was like some sort of Ground Hog Day Chinese torture.  I wake up, issues begin, the website says the same message, I call up, stay on hold for over an hour, no one can help, and I'm told it will be fixed by 3pm.  

I have spent over eight hours of my life on hold to the customer service team, with an average of an hour to 45 mins on hold.  One customer service agent actually had the audacity to say that I should find the Virgin Media engineer in the area and ask him what was taking so long????!!  He then put me on hold for a further 30 mins where I was put through to someone else who had no idea I had been on hold previously or why I was calling.

On top of this, in every conversation I have had with them, I have always been advised that we would be reimbursed for 'loss of service' for every day that we experienced a loss of service.  Except when I called up yesterday, I was informed that we had apparently received an ''average'' of 15mb of download speed and therefore were not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement.

I have raised an official complaint about they way I have been treated, the poor customer service, and the broadband issue and how long it took to 'resolve'.  I have been waiting for over a week for someone to call me to discuss.  Again when I call and ask why I have not received a call, I am told I will DEFINITELY receive a call within 48 hours.  Still no call.

Me and wife like many work from home.  We have had the internet drop out on calls, on presentations and just when we're trying to work.  It still seems to be dropping out at the minute and yet Virgin have a complete lack of motivation, capability, sympathy or empathy to want to try and help/resolve or reassure me as a customer that they want my service.  Believe it or not I do have better things to do than call Virgin, be on hold for an hour to moan about something if it was trivial or not beginning to really affect us.  We need a reliable service to do our job and yet they does not seem to be any recognition at all for our experience or that it has been as bad as it has.  All they seem to care about is taking our money.  

So my question - Does anyone know how I can escalate this to a senior manger based in the UK at Virgin or anyone who actually cares about our situation, custom, and can reassure me about how this is being handled, and tell me how the issue was resolved??!  We're literally tearing our hair out on a daily basis and it's actually beginning to affect our mental health as we feel trapped until our contract ends in March when I can literally not wait to cancel the contract!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incredibly Poor Service and Consistent Broadband Issues

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you read the status page correctly, you'd see the fix times and dates quoted are estimated, not firm dates.

Does the service status page show any known issues still, or is it showing as cleared now?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the message.  The issue seems to now be resolved so that's a good thing.  Appreciate what you're saying about 'estimated times' for resolution.  I do not think advising that the issue is going to be fixed by 3pm every day for two weeks when it quite clearly hasn't been isn't a reasonable 'estimate' of time frame for a fix.

Secondly my bigger issue here is how Virgin how handled the situation and the poor customer service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you want to raise a complaint then follow the complaints code of practice.

Automatic compensation is also only applicable for a total loss of service, and not due to any outages.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Gary do you work for Virgin by any chance lol?  If you read my message correctly you'll see that your tone, and disregard for how this issue has been handled is precisely why I have an issue.

Who are you or Virgin to tell me that we haven't had a complete loss of service??!  Why the system might state that we have received an 'average download speed' are you honestly telling me that having our internet drop out constantly for six hours a day for over two weeks with no idea when it will be fixed is reasonable what to treat customers??! Or that we are not sure an explanation or some form of compensation.  I'm looking for help here not regurgitation of the sympathy voided zombies at Virgin have already told me! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Help with what?
A forum member will just reiterate the same terms and conditions back to you.

If you want to make a complaint follow the complaints code of practice as already stated.
This however is a support forum and not a complaints forum or a quick way through to a member of staff.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Understood.  So here's where I am.  I have made an official complaint that is still open.  I need someone to call to me tell me how they feel it has been resolved, and whether that we are due compensation or not.  As per my post, no one has called me despite being told that someone will.  So I am stuck.

As per the complaints code of practice I cannot escalate any complaint with the ombudsman until Virgin close the complaint I have made and send what they believe is a reasonable resolution or what the resolution was.

So whilst there is a complaint within my message I am also asking for help as how am supposed to take this further if no one from Virgin is calling me to discuss or close the complaint.  I have been waiting for two weeks for a call....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin have 8 weeks to respond to complaints.

If they do not respond in that time or you receive an unsatisfactory response (that is against the T's and C's for example) then you can go to CISAS.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blades1985

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the broadband issues. I've checked the levels today and everything does look fine. I am hoping therefore everything has been resolved.

Regarding automatic compensation, this doesn't come under the automatic compensation scheme, from checking the details of the account as it's not a full loss.

As you've not heard from the complaint, I'll happily PM and sort this out to resolution

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos