Menu
FionaW87
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect WiFi password?!

Yesterday afternoon the WiFi stopped working on all of my devices (phone, laptop etc) I did all the usual checks with the hub, switched off and on, reset it etc... all of the lights on the hub are as they should be, suggesting it is working fine. 

So I tried reconnecting to the WiFi on my devices and it keeps saying incorrect WiFi password so unable to connect. The password has not been changed so I don’t understand what’s happened. 

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrect WiFi password?!

If you reset the Hub, the password will revert to the original factory set one.

0 Kudos
FionaW87
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It was still on the factory set password anyway as I wouldn’t know how to change it. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You dont say which Hub you have, but on the sticker on the base/side there are usually 2 passwords/phrases - and it's not immediately obvious which one to use for what - have you tried both ?  If you do another pinhole factory reset make sure the button is pushed in firmly to its "stopper' and hold it for at least 30 seconds (timed not guessed!) and then add a few seconds more.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
FionaW87
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It’s the Hub 3 so there’s a little pull out card with the password on. 

I will try the reset again but it appears it is working fine it’s just saying password incorrect but I only have and only ever had one password, which is the one it came with. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Not much help I know, but if you are a regular on these forums you will know that it is quite amazing how often this issue crops up.  I think it has to be a software/firmware bug somewhere that the Hub3 is particularly susceptible to.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
FionaW87
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I guess I have no choice but to spend forever on the phone to Virgin then to get it sorted?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It might be time to bite the bullet and call VM CS to report a "broken" Hub and ask for a replacement.  They might be reluctant to send one as they will say their tests say all is well (they cant test wifi) but stand your ground and say it is not delivering any wifi at all.  If you wait on here it could be up to a week before a VM staff member gets to it to help you in this regard

--------------------
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@FionaW87 wrote:

I guess I have no choice but to spend forever on the phone to Virgin then to get it sorted?

Cup of tea and a biscuit, watching the Ryder Cup, phone on the armchair arm and the wait time will fly by Smiley Happy

--------------------
0 Kudos
FionaW87
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks. 

0 Kudos