cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent Wi-Fi speed and regular drop outs

Kakney
Tuning in

I have recently attempted to leave Virgin because of inconsistent speeds and regular drop outs, their response was to up my speed and provide a WiFi pod. This did make a positive improvement for a short while but now I appear to be back to the same if not worse than before. 200mb speeds are great when you have it but my download speed recently has been worse than upload!!!!!! I work from home occasionally as well as just getting SkyGlass, both of which depend on consistency in Wi-Fi but it is infuriating when it continually drops out, requiring re-booting of the router!!!!!

Trying to get in touch to request assistance is ny-on impossible. Any suggestions on how/whom to contact - I’ve tried the live chat which is a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Is your connection fine by wire to the hub?

Look at getting your own router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Is your connection fine by wire to the hub?

Look at getting your own router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for that. I’m not a total technofobe but this is new to me so will research your suggestion 👍

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kakney, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I can see that there are no outages in the area and that there have been no disconnections over the last few days. 

Can you confirm how the connection is at the moment? 

Kind regards 

Chris

Hello Chris, it’s just a frustration that when you set the exercise bike up to do a session then the TV (SkyGlass) drops out 5 mins in or constant rebooting needed on laptop for work. I’m on 300mb deal with Virgin. I have attached my speed test results. I understand at peak times there may be issues but I’d rather have 100mbps consistently rather than 300 one minute then 30 the next.

I have bought a TP Wi-Fi mesh but it’s advised not to use any other extenders with the single Virgin Pod I have - that is just not enough but I don’t know how to get another!!!99C30933-DBAB-478B-A7C8-7433C625A450.jpeg

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response,

We can get another Pod order if you'd like?

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM Kakney,

The 2nd Pod has been ordered for you, do let us know when it is delivered if it has been improved the service.

Take care,

Kain