cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming internet supply

dhancock94
Joining in

Hi all,

I have signed up to virgin who are carrying their installation and set up put on the 6/12.

I have had our supply tested outside the house which come back very positive and a high reading. However, I believe the virgin team will run a cable from this external box inside the house to put the internet in. This room will fall by my kitchen. I would like to move relocate the box, the floor is currently up so I can get this cable in. Can anyone advise which cable I need to run between the supply joint outside the house to the desired router position? Would it be a cat 6 which I can install whilst the flooring is up before they come?

thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The incoming cable is coax and can only be supplied by VM, it is a special triple screen coax that you can not buy. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @dhancock94, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

You may wish to speak with the pre-installations team on 0345 454 1111 and they can advise on what to do.
The engineer themselves on the day of the install will ask where you'd like the hub to be placed so they can fit the cable to where you need it.
Speak with the team and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs