cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to cancel package

AdamCorr
Joining in

Hi, we have been trying to change providers and cancel our virgin package because we have been experiencing poor service on WiFi and through customer support but we cannot seem to get through to any support staff. We have been on both chat and WhatsApp for the whole day with no reply. It's getting stupid now. Any advice to cancel our package? 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
_________

See the link -

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

To cancel with with 30 days notice

1) Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore I would record the conversation too. "TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on…. 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001 - no guarantee of getting through there either though

-- OR --

2. Cancel In writing to…

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name ,address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.
Do it by registered mail next day delivery guaranteed and with a receipt for signature on arrival.

Whatever you do DO NOT cancel your direct debit until the final bill has been settled or or it will cause all sorts of issues you dont want.

Some information on cancelling & early disconnection fees are here...

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey AdamCorr, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and a warm welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of the experience you've had in attempt to cancel your services with us, also sorry to see you wish to leave us due to the problems described above.

We'd love to help, however jbrennand beat us by providing the relevant info for you first.
Please, do let us know how you're getting on since your last post on Sunday and if the advice provided by our insightful forum member has helped.

Have you managed to submit your cancellation request or discuss your options with our team?

Please, also allow us to say we do not process cancellation requests via this forum however we're eager to best advise on any info related to this process should you wish.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for you advice but we haven't had any luck on the WhatsApp either. We said we wanted to cancel but they changed our package without us saying we agreed to it. We just want to cancel the package without getting any other or deals 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You really need to cancel in writing and send it recorded delivery with a signature on receipt.  That way you will be sure your request will be actioned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey AdamCorr, thank you for reaching back out.

We are sorry to see you are wanting to leave us. If you wish to give your 30 days’ notice you can do it  by just sending a text with a description of the cancellation to 07533 051809 this will go into a queue, or you can send a letter to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?