cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediate red light & no WiFi ...no answers on the internet!

tom255
Tuning in

Hi all,

I'd really like some help, if anyone can lend a second I'd be eternally grateful!

This evening I've been watching Netflix, I got up at one point and suddenly noticed the Hub 3.0 (which has been working more than fine 99% of the time) has a constant, solid red light at the base.

I've searched and searched, tried all of the helpful suggestions on the forum, but still it persists!! I work from home and am now stuck. 

If someone from Virgin is reading this and can contact me privately to arrange for a technician to check it out in person I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanks,

Tom

4 REPLIES 4

tom255
Tuning in

I'll add a couple of details, if it will help at all..

Solid red line at base, no WiFi.

Turn off at back, and from wall (and leave for 1 hour, as I saw someone say); immediately back to solid red line and no WiFi.

When I say immediately, I mean within a 1 second of my flipping the switch, it's back to the constant red line.

After about 60 seconds of the solid red line, it starts flashing red - then the red disappears, the green WiFi symbol is then lit up and steady (still no WiFi present in all of this), then the arrow symbols below flash, then turn steady, then the red light comes back with the previous two symbols all still constant.

Then the arrows disappear, leaving only the WiFi symbol in green and a solid red line below.

This continues, still no WiFi at all on any device, the WiFi symbol goes and I'm back just stuck with the solid red line.

Please help!

Hi tom255

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry for the broadband issues. The cause of the red light isn't this and I will PM to arrange a tech for the hub to be replaced, however you do have an SNR (signal to noise ratio) affecting the service. F010058059 - is the fault reference number. The estimated fix date is the 30th August for that. I shall send you a PM now to book the tech in.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi tom255

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the engineer visit for the red light has been booked in - this will be viewable soon in the online account soon - virg.in/myVM - this can be amended/cancelled if needed.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Just wanted to say, absolutely flawless customer service and technical assistance. I haven't received the feedback form though, would this be something you'd be able to chase?

Thanks again,

Tom