cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITV Hub streaming and buffering during ads serving???

drguiom
On our wavelength

Morning,

Anyone else experiencing issues with ITV Hub streaming? This is from the App on FireOs, a web browser or any other means?

The content buffers during ad serving. they either look like they are throttled or there is another issue upstream. 

This is not my network or WIFI or otherwise. Switching to 4G and eliminating Virgin works fine.

7 REPLIES 7

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi drguiom, 

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear you're having issues streaming on the ITV hub. 

Can we ask how long you have had this issue for?

Kind regards Jodi. 

drguiom
On our wavelength

for weeks now, like I said it works on my 4G backup and is clearly only when ads are served which would then hint at either capacity issues on the ad servers or some form of filtering/throttling. 

If no-one is experiencing this then I will need to dome some more research

We have had no other reports on this recently drguiom.

Can we ask if you're an active customer with us? We have tried to locate your details through your community profile and cannot find any active account for you?

Kind regards Jodi. 

drguiom
On our wavelength

I am on Virgin Media Business on Voom.

drguiom
On our wavelength

many thanks for the response. This I had noticed happened on other streaming services also. The issue must be elsewhere though so thanks for getting back to me.

You're more than welcome drguiom.

Please keep us posted it anything changes or improves. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Just a quick note for you drguiom.

As this you have a business account with us, and this is a residential forum I have included our business link here for the future for you.

This way you will go directly through for the help you need.

Kind regards Jodi.