cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv6

david1235
On our wavelength

Hi.

I noticed my ip address changed this morning and now it seems I have an IPv6 address too.  I thought Virgin Media hasn’t implemented IPv6 yet…or have they?

🤔

13 REPLIES 13

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Hello

Currently Virginmedia in the UK do not have IPv6, are you talking about your internal or external IP address ? you can check your external by going too https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Internal could be a different issue as most network cards will give you both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses unless you disable it, it will not make any difference to your external connection.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

353A012E-3931-4592-9123-869443D20841.jpegHi.

This is what came up on whatsmyipaddress.com

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @david1235 

Are you using a VPN by any chance?

The picture you posted shows the ISP as Fastly Inc and not VM 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi.

I’m not using a vpn, but I use my own router with Cloudflare dns. Perhaps that’s why?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have 2 Pi-Holes, which have IP6 addresses, and cloudflare DNS, so not get a WAN IP6 address. What part of the country are you? Can you give us your postcode, only the characters/numbers before the space and one after it, this way we can see where you are not not identify you actual address.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

david1235
On our wavelength

Thanks. Postcode CT7 0

Hello david1235,

Thanks for your post. 
Do you mind if I took a look at this IPV6 query.

Will probably need to have a chat with our Product  Team to see what has happened.

Once I do can update you on here.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That 140.x.x.x. WAN address is a Fastly block. I don’t think it’s reporting your VM address? They seem to be a CDN and Peering concern 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi.  No problem at all.