cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv6 support

kevin1988
Dialled in

Hi all, 

Still Virgin media is still not providing IPv6 addresses bar a trial about 3 years back.  All the major ISPs such as BT, Sky, AAISP and Zen have been providing. IPv6 addresses for years now some almost over a decade now.  I will be leaving my contract to be honest as I feel Virgin is very outdated in the this respect,  coupled with the poor customer service I'm out. 

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a thread here somewhere, that has been running for 10 years on this subject.  If you need IPv6 you can setup a tunnel, but yes, it should be a native implementation.  VM IE have IPv6, but it's not a "proper" implementation and most gamers have to ask to be set back to IPv4 only. 

I think we'll not see IPv6 for a while yet and perhaps the O2 merger may speed things along, who knows?  🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @kevin1988 

We are really sorry to hear that you are thinking of leaving because of this. 

It isn't something that we are currently offering but this might be something rolled out further down the line, sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M