cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv6 observation

Timwilky
Fibre optic

Interesting spot as I was routing about editing my profile.

Now VM despite being asked for the past 10 years to supply IPv6 and saying there is no need they have plenty of v4 and no demand = no demand for CGNAT. Are using it themselves for this very platform.

Edit profile-> Personal Information and 90% of the addresses listed as "previously used by this community account" are from my IPv6 network.

Why do VM need to accept IPv6 connections when they tell their customers there is no requirement for IPv6?

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky
1 REPLY 1

Varner69
Joining in

@ePayitonline wrote:

Interesting spot as I was routing about editing my profile.

Now VM despite being asked for the past 10 years to supply IPv6 and saying there is no need they have plenty of v4 and no demand = no demand for CGNAT. Are using it themselves for this very platform.

Edit profile-> Personal Information and 90% of the addresses listed as "previously used by this community account" are from my IPv6 network.

Why do VM need to accept IPv6 connections when they tell their customers there is no requirement for IPv6?

What is the status of IPv6? Google's statistics show IPv6 availability of its users at around 32–37% depending on the day of the week. Adoption is uneven across countries and Internet service providers.