aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 81 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone iOS 11.4.1

@smathan wrote:

@aeronk wrote:

@smathan wrote:

I think that is why VM dont really care about the problem, as it only seems to affect certain models of Apple devices....maybe it is time to move away from VM.

Its difficult for some.  My other option is BT but only 30mbs speed available in my area so not really an option for me.  My LAN connection is giving me 220mbs download at the moment and wifi 143mbs so you can see VM have me (and probably others) by the 'short an curlies'.

I suppose, if I worked for VM and someone rang up and said I have updated my iPhone and now your system doesn't work, I would say speak to Apple.  Apple on the other hand may well say its up to VM to keep their systems up to date and as it only affects a minority to them neither will want to spend time or money on it.

Yeah they would definitely blame each other....and i dont have the time to spend hours on a phone call to support trying to convince them that the SH2 wont work on wifi now i upgraded my iphone 6s plus to 11.4.1, all other devices (laptop, kindle etc) all work fine on wifi...suppose we will just have to live without wifi till VM change something.

Don't ring up say your upgraded.  I didn't and wasn't asked, I just said wifi wasn't working.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 82 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@aeronk wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

@aeronk wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

@aeronk wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

I spent much of yesterday evening logged onto a SH2 5GHz iPhone 8+. Not one loss of connection. 

I wondered if it just with certain models of iPhone.  I see most of the quotes are with the 6/6S and in my case 6 and  SE together with iPad Air 2.  Maybe it depends on the chip that the unit is running.

I will try tonight on iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6S. 

Isn't that a bit of a risk?  What if it creates a problem for you?

Thanks for thinking of me!  No risk as the Hub 3 in modem mode does not object. 

What risk did you have in mind?

I thought you were on a SH2 and if you upgraded to 11.4.1 then the phone and iPad would not work properly ( or at least there is a very good chance that they wont)  Do you have a SH3 as well?

Yes I do. But nothing would stop the devices working properly just because they don’t like the SH2. 

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 83 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Why must it be VM’s fault?

Last year’s MacBook saga turned out to be down to Apple and aggressive channel roaming. 

0 Kudos
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 84 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Well let them come on and tell us it isn't..... if they don't want us to assume then they need to get their backsides on here and explain why it isnt....if you ring them up then it is hard work trying to explain to them what the issue is Smiley Sad

slippyone
On our wavelength
Message 85 of 636
Flag for a moderator

I am also on the Super hub 2!

0 Kudos
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 86 of 636
Flag for a moderator

I take it your wifi is intermittent after the upgrade Slippy
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 87 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@smathan wrote:

Well let them come on and tell us it isn't..... if they don't want us to assume then they need to get their backsides on here and explain why it isnt....if you ring them up then it is hard work trying to explain to them what the issue is Smiley Sad

I hope they do come to this thread with something useful. But it is somehat weak minded to assume it’s VM screwing up when Apple made the change 

smathan
On our wavelength
Message 88 of 636
Flag for a moderator

i disagee that it is weak-minded to assume something, irrespective of who is at fault, it seems VM is not really interested in resolving the issue, or liaising with the group as to what they are doing to find out what the issue is...and even if they are, all they have to do it tell the group they are aware of the issue and are currently investigating.
slippyone
On our wavelength
Message 89 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is. It was totally fine before the update. So frustrating. No help from VM either and Apple are saying it’s not the update and I can’t down grade to 11.3. Pulling my hair out!

@smathan wrote:

0 Kudos
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 90 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@slippyone wrote:

Yes it is. It was totally fine before the update. So frustrating. No help from VM either and Apple are saying it’s not the update and I can’t down grade to 11.3. Pulling my hair out!

@smathan wrote:

Yeah, its really annoying, i just use my laptop now at home...don't think VM are even looking at resolving the issue, which is really frustrating Smiley Sad

0 Kudos