Menu
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 71 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone iOS 11.4.1

@Sephiroth wrote:

I spent much of yesterday evening logged onto a SH2 5GHz iPhone 8+. Not one loss of connection. 

I wondered if it just with certain models of iPhone.  I see most of the quotes are with the 6/6S and in my case 6 and  SE together with iPad Air 2.  Maybe it depends on the chip that the unit is running.

0 Kudos
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 72 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Is that using the 11.4.1 IOS upgrade?
0 Kudos
Jomodu
Dialled in
Message 73 of 636
Flag for a moderator

It affects my Ipad air 2. Luckily I didnt upgrade my iphone 6s.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 74 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@aeronk wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

I spent much of yesterday evening logged onto a SH2 5GHz iPhone 8+. Not one loss of connection. 

I wondered if it just with certain models of iPhone.  I see most of the quotes are with the 6/6S and in my case 6 and  SE together with iPad Air 2.  Maybe it depends on the chip that the unit is running.

I will try tonight on iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6S. 

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 75 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@Sephiroth wrote:

@aeronk wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

Isn't that a bit of a risk?  What if it creates a problem for you?

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 76 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@aeronk wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

@aeronk wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

Thanks for thinking of me!  No risk as the Hub 3 in modem mode does not object. 

What risk did you have in mind?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 77 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@Sephiroth wrote:

@aeronk wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

@aeronk wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

Thanks for thinking of me!  No risk as the Hub 3 in modem mode does not object. 

What risk did you have in mind?

I thought you were on a SH2 and if you upgraded to 11.4.1 then the phone and iPad would not work properly ( or at least there is a very good chance that they wont)  Do you have a SH3 as well?

0 Kudos
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 78 of 636
Flag for a moderator

I think that is why VM dont really care about the problem, as it only seems to affect certain models of Apple devices....maybe it is time to move away from VM.

0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 79 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@smathan wrote:

I think that is why VM dont really care about the problem, as it only seems to affect certain models of Apple devices....maybe it is time to move away from VM.

Its difficult for some.  My other option is BT but only 30mbs speed available in my area so not really an option for me.  My LAN connection is giving me 220mbs download at the moment and wifi 143mbs so you can see VM have me (and probably others) by the 'short an curlies'.

I suppose, if I worked for VM and someone rang up and said I have updated my iPhone and now your system doesn't work, I would say speak to Apple.  Apple on the other hand may well say its up to VM to keep their systems up to date and as it only affects a minority to them neither will want to spend time or money on it.

0 Kudos
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 80 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@aeronk wrote:

@smathan wrote:

Its difficult for some.  My other option is BT but only 30mbs speed available in my area so not really an option for me.  My LAN connection is giving me 220mbs download at the moment and wifi 143mbs so you can see VM have me (and probably others) by the 'short an curlies'.

I suppose, if I worked for VM and someone rang up and said I have updated my iPhone and now your system doesn't work, I would say speak to Apple.  Apple on the other hand may well say its up to VM to keep their systems up to date and as it only affects a minority to them neither will want to spend time or money on it.

Yeah they would definitely blame each other....and i dont have the time to spend hours on a phone call to support trying to convince them that the SH2 wont work on wifi now i upgraded my iphone 6s plus to 11.4.1, all other devices (laptop, kindle etc) all work fine on wifi...suppose we will just have to live without wifi till VM change something.

0 Kudos