Menu
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 61 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone iOS 11.4.1

Sounds like the only way to get this working, let us know how you get on Richy Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
DavidHarman
On our wavelength
Message 62 of 636
Flag for a moderator

My work round, by using 2G channel is now not working any longer

0 Kudos
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 63 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Mine is the same, if i switch wifi off then on again it works for about a minute then it stops on both 5g and 2g, really frustrating and even more frustrating VM dont really care about it Smiley Sad i think this is has beaten the tech guys, if they even bothered to read the thread Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
kevinp2
Joining in
Message 64 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem when i updated my ipad air ,got a Super Hub 2 as well , is it Virgin or Apple ?

How much do Virgin want for a Super Hub 3?

0 Kudos
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 65 of 636
Flag for a moderator

It seems to be the SH2 that is the issue.....not really sure how much VM want for SH3?
0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 66 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Well, I had my hub changed for free as you have probably seen earlier on in this thread.  I rang support about 4 times with the same issue and they kept resetting the router and changing channels but each time I said that would not fix it as there was a problem with the wifi side of things.  They eventually sent out an engineer, who confirmed that they could not test wifi remotely.

I did get it working by putting the hub in modem mode and connecting my old TP Link wifi router but that was an old one which was slow so wasn't really a suitable fix.  This proved to me that it was a wifi issue with the SH2.  I also installed IOS 12 public beta which was showing the same problem, so, if you are waiting for that update to fix things you may have a long wait.  I know its still a BETA and things could change with the final release, but I suspect that Apple have introduced something that just doesn't work with the SH2 and may well affect them from now on.

I have read various comments on cost of a replacement hub ranging from £14.95 to £20 and been informed by VM sales that a new hub normally costs about £50 (when they offered it for free if I took an upgrade on the account costing an extra £3 a month but I declined).

Any way, if you can't get VM to change the hub for free, then I suppose the options are;

Put in modem mode and buy a new wifi router (expensive)
Pay for a replacement
Take an upgrade and have it for free but with additional monthly cost.

I hope you all get as lucky as me and get VM to just replace the hub.

0 Kudos
Jomodu
Dialled in
Message 67 of 636
Flag for a moderator

The day before I downloaded the IOS upgrade on my Ipad I got a new Hub 3. Totally out of the blue. No explanation -just instructions and request to upgrade from my Supehub 2.

At the time I posted on the Forum whether it was worth upgrading as my current hub was rock steady. I have been a NTL/VM user for 20 years. The concensus was mixed between sticking or upgrading.

i cannot do this until Tuesday as on holiday but judging by my and all your experiences it appears the Hub 3 route is the only solution. 

I am a bit disappointed that the very good Forum VM customer service team have kept totally silent.

To those prepared to battle for a replacement upgrade to Hub 3 please feel free to quote my experience in getting a free Hub 3 completely unannounced. It is obviously part of a planned upgrade programme for Hub 2 users.

0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 68 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Incidentally - My last phone call to support was last Sunday and the engineer called out on the Monday so the issue was fixed within 24 hrs.

0 Kudos
DavidHarman
On our wavelength
Message 69 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Its highly disappointing that there hasn't been any response from VM in this thread 

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 70 of 636
Flag for a moderator

I spent much of yesterday evening logged onto a SH2 5GHz iPhone 8+. Not one loss of connection. 

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos