Re: IPhone iOS 11.4.1

I have the same issue too, SH2 and IPhone 6s Plus, think we all need a SH3 😕

0 Kudos
DC007
Tuning in
Message 52 of 636
Flag for a moderator

We definitely need someone from VM to address this issue and what’s next ! 

0 Kudos
mahaloDT
On our wavelength
Message 53 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Update on my last post....

My issue occurs when the iPad with 11.4.1 installed is connected to the router. Following a “forget this network” then “reconnection with passcode” the initial symptoms are dropouts at intervals in order of tens of minutes, sometimes self recovering. Over time (hours) problem gets more frequent (dropouts every minute or so) with no self recovering. Only way to recover situation is via an airplane mode toggle or equivalent. So whatever problem is it gets worse with time.

So I forgot the network again and this time connected to my Netgear WiFi extenders instead of the SH2. Result is NO dropouts for the last 10 hours! I will leave in this configuration overnight and if all is well switch back to a direct link to router again. If the problem returns I will switch back to the extender and live with it for the time being.

Whatever happens I will post an update here tomorrow. In meantime we will wair for VM to respond to this discussion as I requested them to do yesterday.

0 Kudos
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 54 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@mahaloDT wrote:

Update on my last post....

My issue occurs when the iPad with 11.4.1 installed is connected to the router. Following a “forget this network” then “reconnection with passcode” the initial symptoms are dropouts at intervals in order of tens of minutes, sometimes self recovering. Over time (hours) problem gets more frequent (dropouts every minute or so) with no self recovering. Only way to recover situation is via an airplane mode toggle or equivalent. So whatever problem is it gets worse with time.

So I forgot the network again and this time connected to my Netgear WiFi extenders instead of the SH2. Result is NO dropouts for the last 10 hours! I will leave in this configuration overnight and if all is well switch back to a direct link to router again. If the problem returns I will switch back to the extender and live with it for the time being.

Whatever happens I will post an update here tomorrow. In meantime we will wair for VM to respond to this discussion as I requested them to do yesterday.

I don’t think VM have a clue on how to fix it (other than give everyone a SH3) so I doubt they will make an appearance anytime soon. 

0 Kudos
mahaloDT
On our wavelength
Message 55 of 636
Flag for a moderator

.....maybe they will respond with a fix and surprise us all or maybe (more likely) they will go radio silent (having no solution or no clue or don’t care).....
stephendancer
Tuning in
Message 56 of 636
Flag for a moderator

I have had this problem too (I think I mentioned it earlier - upgraded an iPhone SE and iPad Mini 4 to iOS 11.4.1 and found that the wifi connections work for 10mins then they just stop downloading. All other devices - another iPhone SE (11.4), two iPads (11.4) , a MacBook Pro and an Apple TV - all work fine.)

On a two day visit to a family member who has BT, the two troublesome devices worked fine. 

So this week, after 5 phone calls over the last 3 days, the last one this afternoon lasting for 50 mins where I spoke to 5 different people, and threatening to cancel, they finally offered me a SH3 (for free). Phew. 

SO when it arrives next Tuesday we'll see if it works!

0 Kudos
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 57 of 636
Flag for a moderator

It will definitely work, seems like the only fix VM can do...trying to fix the SH2 is beyond their abilities at the moment, hence the customers have to suffer....
mahaloDT
On our wavelength
Message 58 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Update on long duration test re 11.4.1 dropout issue.....

No dropouts in 24 hours when iPad (11.4.1) connected to WiFi extender (5G). Dropouts returned within 15 minutes when connected to SH2 directly (5G).

In lay terms the handshaking between iPad and Extender, and Extender and SH2 are robust whereas between iPad and SH2 is not.

Since the above test can be replicated to prove to VM there is an issue I am minded to request my SH2 is replaced with a SH3.
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 59 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately i think it will be a battle to get VM to change the box, but good luck, let us know how you get on Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Richypea1
On our wavelength
Message 60 of 636
Flag for a moderator

This is a really interesting thread. Having exact sam problems with my Air 2, connecting up to SH2. Feel inclined to try and fight with VM to get a new Hub. Been with them a few years now and all they seem to have done is to regularly hiked their prices so about time they gave me something in return....