Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 42 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone iOS 11.4.1 - UPDATE

@DC007 wrote:

Is the hub 3 still working good? 

Yes.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 43 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone iOS 11.4.1 - UPDATE

@DC007 wrote:

Is the hub 3 still working good? 

Yes, still going strong with no issues.

0 Kudos
rickware
Tuning in
Message 44 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone iOS 11.4.1

@mahaloDT wrote:

Hi All,

Since installing 11.4.1 on my iPad last week I have experienced regular internet dropouts (every 10 mins) which can only be recovered by toggling the WiFi connection or airplane mode in settings.

Interestingly my iPhone has been running 11.4.1 for the same period of time but does NOT experience any dropouts. As such I'm reluctant to upgrade my other devices (2 x iPads and 2 x iPhones) to 11.4.1 until I've sorted the problem out with the first one.

After many hours of diagnostic testing (including a full reset of my iPad with NO backup recovery and a pinhole reset of my Super Hub 2), plus Googling the issue, I've come to the conclusion it's a compatibility issue between iOS 11.4.1 and the FW in my VM Super Hub 2 (BTW it's version 1.01.33 at the moment).

I notice other posts have inferred a fix after their router was replaced with a Super Hub 3. No doubt the FW it came with was already compatible with 11.4.1. Who knows.

I contacted VM tech support to confirm whether my FW was the latest version or not. The answer was NOT but to expect an updated version by the end of July. User cannot upgrade the FW themselves and the techs can't do it either. One has to wait for a rollout based on area/region! So now I will have to wait to see what happens. If the new Supe Hub 2 FW upgrade fixes it then great, if not I'll insist on a Super Hub 3 based on others experience. If that doesn't fix it then it's time to downgrade to 11.4 and wait for Apple and wait and wait.....

So after a weekend away, connecting to several wifi netowrks no problem, I returned last night to the same issue.

I've got a Super Hub 2 as well so as this previous poster said it looks increasingly likley to me that it's a FW conflict with IOS 11.4.1.

Its still a long time until this planned FW update at the end of July and my devices are practically useless.

I tried to send this message last night but could log in long enough to send it, having to do it now from work  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 636
Flag for a moderator

My replacement Hub - Super Hub 3, has fixed it for me.
0 Kudos
mahaloDT
On our wavelength
Message 46 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Encouraging news. Let’s hope the FW upgrade for SH2 does the trick for those with this router. If not then VM will need to get their act together or be inundated with requests for the HW replacements. Does anybody know whether VM monitor these threads or do they need to be informed?
0 Kudos
DC007
Tuning in
Message 47 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Just a heads up that ios 11.4 is no longer available to downgrade to, is it possible to get a Virgin Media rep to comment on this issue with 11.4.1 and the super-hub 2 been a possible issue?

As i believe the super-hub 3 has fixed things for some

Jomodu
Dialled in
Message 48 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Yes...I have the same problem with my IPad after upgrading to IOS 11.4.1. Luckily I didnt upgrade my iphone at the same time. I have a superhub 2. 

So, what response will we get from VM. Do I demand a Hub 3 asap. Or, will VM be downloading a patch for all Superhub 2 users? Is it a plan to do nothing to get all Superhub 2 users to transfer to Hub 3. How long do I have to wait to get service restored.? 

I can get no intelligent response by phone. So, will VM respond here at least to explain my options?

mahaloDT
On our wavelength
Message 49 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Contacted VM tech support again today to enquire when to expect a FW upgrade for the SH2 only to be told that the SH2 does NOT have regular FW upgrades! Only the SH3 is configured for routine upgrades to it's onboard FW and the SH2 is essentially fixed unless a major release is warranted. One is not expected/forthcoming!

Clearly I received conflicting advice from VM on the two occasions I contacted them re this issue. Consequently my original post needs to be amended accordingly re assumption a FW upgrade would/could fix things for us.

Whilst on the phone we did some live tests. During dropouts VM couldn't see my 11.4.1 device with the problem. All other 11.4 devices visible.

I requested strongly that VM review this community discussion and advice us accordingly, either with a solution or an absolvement on their part. My request was noted on my account and I was promised it would be looked into over the next day or so and a post from them would appear here.

Jomodu
Dialled in
Message 50 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Is any response forthcoming from VM? This must be affecting a lot of iphone/ipad users. But perhaps I am the only one left with a Superhub 2. 

Come on VM. I pay for this service.

0 Kudos