Menu
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone iOS 11.4.1

@CARMAS1 wrote:

Since updating both my IPhone 6 and IPad air to the above O/S everything works fine apart from Internet/network drops approx every 10 mins fix disable and re-enable Wi-Fi easy but a pain I rebuilt IPad still same issue, Tested both devices on alternative non virgin router works fine also my home laptop no issues with home virgin router. Any ideas welcome please is it apple is it Virginmedia issue which ever those 2 devices not fit for purpose at home 4G fine Suggestions please

I think everyones set up has subtle differences such as which hub do you have and what exact model of iPhone/ipad.  For me, as stated in my previous posts, a replacement hub seems to have fixed it for now but that may not work for everyone.

0 Kudos
DC007
Tuning in
Message 32 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone iOS 11.4.1 - UPDATE

Well that’s some good news if the hub 3 is helping the situation,

Is it still working ? ( no drop outs )

I changed back to iOS 11.4 on both iPhones ( SE’s) as it was frustrating me lol 

0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 33 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Yes, still working so far.
0 Kudos
DC007
Tuning in
Message 34 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Great news, so now the question is how does the issue get resolved? Will virgin give out hub 3’s to those who have this problem or is it an apple issue lol, 

I just find it strange that iOS 11.4.1 and iOS 12 have this WiFi issue 

0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 636
Flag for a moderator

I suspect each will blame the other and we the customer will be left in the middle. Perhaps the final release of iOS 12 will not have the issue, who knows. Having tried the beta of iOS 12 and found it not to be working I didn't want to wait and take there chance. I was however considering keeping the hub 2 in modem mode and buying a new wifi router but that may not have cured it either.
0 Kudos
DC007
Tuning in
Message 36 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Yeah it’s strange issue this, I think I’ll contact virgin when I get in and see about the possibility of getting a hub3 to see if that fixes things

0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 636
Flag for a moderator

No one asked and I didn't mention anything about possible IOS issues. Maybe if I did, they would have not changed the hub.
0 Kudos
mahaloDT
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Since installing 11.4.1 on my iPad last week I have experienced regular internet dropouts (every 10 mins) which can only be recovered by toggling the WiFi connection or airplane mode in settings.

Interestingly my iPhone has been running 11.4.1 for the same period of time but does NOT experience any dropouts. As such I'm reluctant to upgrade my other devices (2 x iPads and 2 x iPhones) to 11.4.1 until I've sorted the problem out with the first one.

After many hours of diagnostic testing (including a full reset of my iPad with NO backup recovery and a pinhole reset of my Super Hub 2), plus Googling the issue, I've come to the conclusion it's a compatibility issue between iOS 11.4.1 and the FW in my VM Super Hub 2 (BTW it's version 1.01.33 at the moment).

I notice other posts have inferred a fix after their router was replaced with a Super Hub 3. No doubt the FW it came with was already compatible with 11.4.1. Who knows.

I contacted VM tech support to confirm whether my FW was the latest version or not. The answer was NOT but to expect an updated version by the end of July. User cannot upgrade the FW themselves and the techs can't do it either. One has to wait for a rollout based on area/region! So now I will have to wait to see what happens. If the new Supe Hub 2 FW upgrade fixes it then great, if not I'll insist on a Super Hub 3 based on others experience. If that doesn't fix it then it's time to downgrade to 11.4 and wait for Apple and wait and wait.....

0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Any IOS downgrade will have to be done sooner rather than later as they tend to stop allowing that after a short period. You can check whether a version is still 'signed' by going to the following address: https://ipsw.me/
0 Kudos
mahaloDT
On our wavelength
Message 40 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for advice. Having been forced to downgrade OS on several occasions over the years it’s not my favourite pastime. I have a few older generation iPads I can dust down in the meantime.
0 Kudos