Re: IPhone iOS 11.4.1

DC007 - are you on SuperHub 2?
0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 636
Flag for a moderator

For those who wish to try a downgrade back to IOS 11.4, but don't know how, there are many examples of how to do it on the net and here is one such site:

https://wccftech.com/downgrade-ios-11-4-1-to-ios-11-4-on-iphone-or-ipad-right-now-tutorial/

0 Kudos
DC007
Tuning in
Message 23 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Yep, but I've seen posts from people on apple forums etc and they from all over the world. So i dont think its the HUB

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 24 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Why am I not having the difficulty? I'm in router mode, Hub 3, single SSID.  iPhone 8+.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@DC007 wrote:

Yep, but I've seen posts from people on apple forums etc and they from all over the world. So i dont think its the HUB

Well I am hoping they change my hub tomorrow and it sorta it, we will see.

i did install my old wireless router yesterday (TP Link) and it seemed to be working ok albeit slower as it’s old. 

0 Kudos
DC007
Tuning in
Message 26 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Okay, please keep us updated if they change your hub 2 and if it fix's things, Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@DC007 wrote:

Okay, please keep us updated if they change your hub 2 and if it fix's things, Smiley Wink

I certainly will. Fingers crossed. 

0 Kudos
languagegrad
Joining in
Message 28 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone,

I updated to iOS 11.4.1 on my iPhone 6s (A1688) too and have been experiencing issues with the WiFi. Interestingly, I also updated on my iPad Pro (A1652) and that seems to be fine.

I'm using the Virgin Media SuperHub 2 in modem mode. I then have an additional router for better WiFi coverage and ethernet ports. Connecting to either router in either 2.4GHz or 5GHz seems to encounter the same issue.

I can't seem to find much information about it online apart from on this forum, but I think it's an issue with iOS rather than VM since my other devices (wired and wireless) are fine.

0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone iOS 11.4.1 - UPDATE

Well, VM Engineer called and installed a new hub (Super Hub 3).  I've been on the hub now for over an hour and so far so good, the wifi issue hasn't yet reappeared but maybe  it will return, I don't know.  I have left the settings as standard so same SSID for both frequencies so that the phone stays connected for longer when I go out to the garden.  I appreciate the speed does reduce when it reverts to the 2.4 GHz at that point but at least it is still connected.  It regains 5 GHz signal when I return into the house, so all is good.  Whilst he was here, the Engineer checked with his office if a free speed upgrade was available and it was so I have now gone form 150mbs to 200mbs, but I understand everyone is due the increase at some point anyway.

For completeness, the issue being experienced was with the following;

Super Hub 2
Iphone 6
Ipad Air 2
Iphone SE
all iPhones/Ipad on iOS 11.4.1
Iphone SE upgraded temporarily to iOS 12 Beta 2 PR also experienced the wifi issue.

I wonder if not everyone experiencing the problem is related to what model iPhone/ipad is in use - maybe the older versions with different chip sets?

I will report back if the issue returns when the new hub settles down, but so far over the first hour all is well.

CARMAS1
Joining in
Message 30 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Since updating both my IPhone 6 and IPad air to the above O/S everything works fine apart from Internet/network drops approx every 10 mins fix disable and re-enable Wi-Fi easy but a pain I rebuilt IPad still same issue, Tested both devices on alternative non virgin router works fine also my home laptop no issues with home virgin router. Any ideas welcome please is it apple is it Virginmedia issue which ever those 2 devices not fit for purpose at home 4G fine Suggestions please