Menu
slippyone
On our wavelength
Message 91 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone iOS 11.4.1

Always the same. Nobody accepting responsibility. Passed around to different people who have no clue what to do. I’m now using my old iPad 9.3. Works like a dream so it seems that VM needs a patch or update. Why should I have to spend more money and purchase the Super hub 3 just to get round the problem of the update? Terrible service.

@smathan wrote:

@slippyone wrote:

Yes it is. It was totally fine before the update. So frustrating. No help from VM either and Apple are saying it’s not the update and I can’t down grade to 11.3. Pulling my hair out!

@smathan wrote:
I take it your wifi is intermittent after the upgrade Slippy

Yeah, its really annoying, i just use my laptop now at home...don't think VM are even looking at resolving the issue, which is really frustrating Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
slippyone
On our wavelength
Message 92 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Yes have the same problems. Trying to get help from VM and Apple. Nobody helping at the moment.😩

@rickware wrote:

Hi David

I have this problem too.

My iphone and iPad were working fine until I updated a few days ago. Now the connection drops all the time, I can’t do anything on the internet or watch anything on Virgin TV Go as it drops after 10 secs.

I've tried ‘forgetting the network’ And re-connecting but the issue persists.

I think it is some issue between Virgin and the new IOS as my phone and iPad still work great on other (non Virgin) WiFi networks.

AND my wife’s iPhone and IPad are still working fine on the Virgin WiFi  - they haven’t been updated yet (still on 11.3.1).

anybody else with this issue? Any solutions?

0 Kudos
hr100
Tuning in
Message 93 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Could it be to do with the version of superhub?

My iphone 6 is fine at my house with a superhub 3 but has these problems at my parents with a superhub 2 and also my Mum cant use her ipad.

Apple blaming Virgin with me too

0 Kudos
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 94 of 636
Flag for a moderator

It definitely seems like the SH2 is the only hub to have the issue. It also seems it is affecting certain Apple devices (mainly iPhone 6 and Ipad air). Nothing you can really do, other than asking VM for a SH3.
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 95 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@Sephiroth wrote:

@aeronk wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

I spent much of yesterday evening logged onto a SH2 5GHz iPhone 8+. Not one loss of connection. 

I wondered if it just with certain models of iPhone.  I see most of the quotes are with the 6/6S and in my case 6 and  SE together with iPad Air 2.  Maybe it depends on the chip that the unit is running.

I will try tonight on iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6S. 

The iPad Air 2, 5 feet away from the SH2 behaved as complained of in this thread, during a 30 minute YouTube session.  At the same time the iPhone 8+ behaved perfectly.

Anyway see this:  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8470800

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
aeronk
On our wavelength
Message 96 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@Sephiroth wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

@aeronk wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

I spent much of yesterday evening logged onto a SH2 5GHz iPhone 8+. Not one loss of connection. 

I wondered if it just with certain models of iPhone.  I see most of the quotes are with the 6/6S and in my case 6 and  SE together with iPad Air 2.  Maybe it depends on the chip that the unit is running.

The iPad Air 2, 5 feet away from the SH2 behaved as complained of in this thread, during a 30 minute YouTube session.  At the same time the iPhone 8+ behaved perfectly.

Interesting thread on Apple support. I have been checking periodically on macroumors and no mention of the issue there. 

Im sorry you now have a problem with iPad and the sh2 but at least you now can see the issue first hand. 

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 97 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@aeronk wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

@aeronk wrote:

@Sephiroth wrote:

Interesting thread on Apple support. I have been checking periodically on macroumors and no mention of the issue there. 

Im sorry you now have a problem with iPad and the sh2 but at least you now can see the issue first hand. 

Fortunately I don't have a problem with the iPad Air 2 because it works on my other circuits.  The SH2 is not my main circuit; the Hub 3 in modem mode with an ASUS router is what I normally connect to with no problems.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
MattHousley
Tuning in
Message 98 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Just saying "Me Too".

Super Hub 2, 2 iPhone 6s on 11.4.1 intermittent drop out on 2G and 5G. Fine on non super hub 2 access points.

LSmartV
On our wavelength
Message 99 of 636
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, me too! Other devices which I haven’t updated yet are connecting fine!

My WiFi connection never drops, just the internet connection from the HUB.

I contacted VM yesterday and was on the phone for less than 1 minute. No checks were done, no questions asked! Just an engineer booked which I fear will solve nothing and will be a waste of the engineer’s time?

I even took my phone into the Apple store as I thought it was just a bit too old/dropped too many times, but everything checked out fine!

0 Kudos
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 100 of 636
Flag for a moderator

@LSmartV wrote:

Yeah, me too! Other devices which I haven’t updated yet are connecting fine!

My WiFi connection never drops, just the internet connection from the HUB.

I contacted VM yesterday and was on the phone for less than 1 minute. No checks were done, no questions asked! Just an engineer booked which I fear will solve nothing and will be a waste of the engineer’s time?

I even took my phone into the Apple store as I thought it was just a bit too old/dropped too many times, but everything checked out fine!

The issue wont be resolved unless VM try and investigate why it is happening (i assume they are not as there is no feedback from them) or you get a SH3, which seems to work with the Apple update.

0 Kudos