Menu
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 181 of 653
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone iOS 11.4.1

Beware of WiFi extenders. They are only as good as the source signal. However, if that isn’t going to be a problem, it is likely that your affected Apple devices will connect successfuly to the extender. 

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
janey700
On our wavelength
Message 182 of 653
Flag for a moderator

What is your source signal ? Sorry don’t understand some of the technical words used on here 🙄

0 Kudos
MrStrong
Tuning in
Message 183 of 653
Flag for a moderator

Gah!  I'll just add my name to the list of many users who are experiencing iPhone / Wifi problems.  I have an iPhone SE and SuperHub 2.  On one hand I'm happy I'm not the only one with the issue but frustrated that this hasn't been fixed yet.

I've tried everything from static IPs, manual DNS configuration, switching from 2G to 5G.  The only thing that works is dropping off the network and reconnecting.   I can get a good 2 minutes of usages before it stops responding.   Having seen all the other suggestions, I'm reluctant to switch of encryption so I'll try and give the "support" route a go.

Highlighted
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 184 of 653
Flag for a moderator

@MrStrong wrote:

Gah!  I'll just add my name to the list of many users who are experiencing iPhone / Wifi problems.  I have an iPhone SE and SuperHub 2.  On one hand I'm happy I'm not the only one with the issue but frustrated that this hasn't been fixed yet.

I've tried everything from static IPs, manual DNS configuration, switching from 2G to 5G.  The only thing that works is dropping off the network and reconnecting.   I can get a good 2 minutes of usages before it stops responding.   Having seen all the other suggestions, I'm reluctant to switch of encryption so I'll try and give the "support" route a go.

May the force be with you 🙂

hr100
Tuning in
Message 185 of 653
Flag for a moderator

If anyone has twitter please can you tweet about this and tag virgin media and Apple support into it. 

I got told they are basically too busy to read this thread (I presume because of the UKTV issue!)

We need to ensure they realise what a major issue this is .

0 Kudos
hr100
Tuning in
Message 186 of 653
Flag for a moderator

Also can I suggest if you are reading this but not posted as you feel you have nothing to add but have this issue please please add to this even if just to say me too .

We need to show virgin and Apple how big this issue is. 

0 Kudos
Roscoe1234
Joining in
Message 187 of 653
Flag for a moderator

Me too !”!

0 Kudos
parlypete
Joining in
Message 188 of 653
Flag for a moderator

Add me to the list.   After two weeks of trying to use my iPad and iPhone I tried Virgin Media support... three resets later I was eventually transferred to customer support who basically said its not their problem and it's up to Apple to fix it.   I could pay to upgrade to Superhub 3 but  as the router was working they couldn't replace it for free.

I was then put on hold to wait for customer relations but after I'd been on the line for an hour the phone cut out!  I couldn't face another hour hanging on so I think it's time to move!   Until recently it wasn't an option but since Openreach have now installed fibre in my street and I don't need the super-speeds of Virgin I can shop around for a better deal.

0 Kudos
trenko
On our wavelength
Message 189 of 653
Flag for a moderator

" but have this issue please please add to this even if just to say me too ."

Me to..... Iphone SE / superhub 2. problems with wifi disconnecting constanly since upate 11.4.1.

0 Kudos
janey700
On our wavelength
Message 190 of 653
Flag for a moderator

How about posting on Facebook as well ? 

0 Kudos