Menu
AndyMighalls
Tuning in
Message 131 of 653
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone iOS 11.4.1

Apple Support were actually very friendly, though they couldn’t offer a solution over the phone. They didn’t dismiss the issue at all & said it seems like something in the update isn’t playing ball with Virgins Superhub 2.

They gave me a link to contact the engineering team & let them know of the issue. She said that with Virgin Media being such a large company it’s something that obviously needs fixing quickly & if enough people report the issue to engineering/development team then they will release a hotfix if they can find route of the problem. With so many people here narrowing the issue down already I told her the findings from this thread & she sent me email about forwarding it to developers of the IOS. She said that obviously a new IOS version has to be compatible with as wider range of configurations as possible and she acknowledged that it’s not acceptable for such an issue to exist  with such a wide range of people. 

Link for feedback to Apple is this: https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

mysterioussines
Tuning in
Message 132 of 653
Flag for a moderator

I have an iPhone 6S and have had the WiFi issue since upgrading to 11.4.1. WiFi would disconnect after about 5-10 minutes and only a disconnect/reconnect would restore it. I also have a Virgin dual band router.

I have been toying with security mode settings today after verifying that disabling them resolves the issue.

I then changed the settings from WPA (Auto) to WPA2-PSK (AES) on the 2.4GHz band. So far, 20 minutes later, I am NOT losing Wifi on the iPhone.

Its promising - but I don't want to say its a fix until others have tried......

smathan
On our wavelength
Message 133 of 653
Flag for a moderator

Ill feedback 🙂
0 Kudos
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 134 of 653
Flag for a moderator

@mysterioussines wrote:

I have an iPhone 6S and have had the WiFi issue since upgrading to 11.4.1. WiFi would disconnect after about 5-10 minutes and only a disconnect/reconnect would restore it. I also have a Virgin dual band router.

I have been toying with security mode settings today after verifying that disabling them resolves the issue.

I then changed the settings from WPA (Auto) to WPA2-PSK (AES) on the 2.4GHz band. So far, 20 minutes later, I am NOT losing Wifi on the iPhone.

I think its a bit hit and miss, ever since i put mine back to WPA Auto from disabled its been a lot better, i still have drop outs but it seems to recover after 30/40 seconds....think im just going to have to live with that for now 🙂

0 Kudos
LSmartV
On our wavelength
Message 135 of 653
Flag for a moderator

@mysterioussines wrote:

Trying now...

0 Kudos
mysterioussines
Tuning in
Message 136 of 653
Flag for a moderator

I did notice some "lag" while it was refreshing apps such as News and Twitter. Im not sure its that just because I switched form 5GHz to 2.4Ghz or not.

LSmartV
On our wavelength
Message 137 of 653
Flag for a moderator

So far so good. It would’ve dropped out by now, but not yet!

Definitely a more secure solution, so thank you!
0 Kudos
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 138 of 653
Flag for a moderator

@mysterioussines wrote:

I did notice some "lag" while it was refreshing apps such as News and Twitter. Im not sure its that just because I switched form 5GHz to 2.4Ghz or not.

Awesome, ill try that one too 🙂

0 Kudos
LSmartV
On our wavelength
Message 139 of 653
Flag for a moderator

Update: Connection just dropped again with WPA2 enabled, although it did take considerably longer to do so. 

Back to WPA disabled 🤷🏼‍♂️

0 Kudos
Highlighted
smathan
On our wavelength
Message 140 of 653
Flag for a moderator

@LSmartV wrote:

Update: Connection just dropped again with WPA2 enabled, although it did take considerably longer to do so. 

Back to WPA disabled 🤷🏼‍♂️

Mine does the same..but it seems to come back shortly after...i think im going to live with that, unless some bright spark finds another solution 🙂