cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPSEC Firewall/VPN Tunnel

claire528
Joining in

Hi,

I am currently using a 2ac hub, which thanks to a workaround of changing the IP and DHCP addresses allows me to access work servers through a VPN (Forticlient) connection when working from home. I've been advised to upgrade my hub due to increasing drop outs but before I do, does this workaround work with SuperHubs 3 or 4? Also, are the newer hubs are able to connect to IPSEC firewalls/VPN tunnels? 

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Someone else should be able to answer the specific question, however, another solution is to put any VM Hub into modem mode and use your own better quality router and wireless equipment that has all the features you want.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Modem mode and a reasonable firewall solution.

I use pfsense but understand opnsense provides similar.

For VPN. It gives me.

Openvpn for mobile connection from both android and iphone for road warrior. X509 certs.

Ipsec for internet hosted servers to lan

Ipsec site to site for supporting client systems.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Likely nothing with your hub but sure enough it would have needed to be replaced.

modem mode should work out fine
---------------------------------------------------------------

claire528
Joining in

Thanks everyone... probably time to upgrade I reckon!

Hi @claire528,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with your hub service.

We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. 

I have been able to locate your service on our system and your hub data appears to be fine. In any case, if you wish to upgrade your hub, you may find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals/hub. You can also call our team on 0345 454 1111 who can best advise on package deals and discounts.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs