Menu
Kjawaid
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

IP address Blacklisted

Hi All

my WAN IP is normally allocated in the 82.removed  range. It seems as though a lot of addresses in this range are blacklisted - for example i am on .removed  at the min and if you take a look at mxtoolbox it will show the IP as being blacklisted. The pain is a lot of sites like ebay, youtube etc. reject the IP.

I have tried calling the call centre but they have no idea what im talking about, how can we get this sorted?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: IP address Blacklisted

Hello Kjawaid

It is normal to be on these lists by the way as your IP is dynamically allocated, it is intended to be of use to email servers.

Sorbs Duhl Reports Dynamic Ip Addresses

Dynamic-based Blacklists will list many DHCP ranges of IP Addresses from Internet Service Providers. You could be listed if your IP Address was previously dynamically assigned, or if your ISP gave you a static assignment and did not assign a distinguished PTR-Record, aka a "Reverse DNS Entry."

Spamhaus Zen Reports Dynamic Ip Addresses

Dynamic-based Blacklists will list many DHCP ranges of IP Addresses from Internet Service Providers. You could be listed if your IP Address was previously dynamically assigned, or if your ISP gave you a static assignment and did not assign a distinguished PTR-Record, aka a "Reverse DNS Entry."

Not sure why those sites you mention are rejecting your IP address though, it may be worth asking them

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos