cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Address Issues

Midge66
Joining in

I am having daily issues with my Hub 3.0 not allowing various devices to connect and returning an error

"WiFi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration Not fixed
Investigate router or broadband modem issues Failed
Reset the "WiFi" adapter Completed

This even happens whilst using my laptop even after it has been connected for some time. I have tried resetting, restarting, forgetting the network on my laptop and starting again. Was working fine last night, this morning got that message again and am now connected via my range extender...even though I am sitting 3 feet from the Hub!

16 devices are on the list of connections

Any help much appreciated, never had this issue with Sky!

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Look at getting your own router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When some devices will not connect, are others that are connected ok working? Is it only WiFi devices or are Ethernet cabled device suffering the same fate?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I don't connect with ethernet cables.

Devices that remain on and connected all of the time tend to work. Laptop and phone for example often connect but get the error message

"WiFi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

This has happened whilst using my laptop when suddenly the internet is unavailable and this is the reason given.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Midge66,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch, and a very warm welcome back to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you're having this problem with your IP address.

Could you please confirm what kind of devices you are experiencing this issue on? In particular, are you running the Windows 10 OS on your laptop?

Please let me know, and I can provide some further support.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team