Menu
ra50
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

IOS 12

Anyone downloaded IOS 12 yet?  It’s available but daren't download it in case it makes WiFi problem even worse or has any other lurking horrors

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: IOS 12

no. i'm holding off until the next update ie the one that fixes the problems this one will inevitably have.

a friends phone was bricked last year. even apple couldn't get it going. someone else had major wifi issues. took 2 months to resolve.

yes the majority will be ok, but i'm not taking the gamble.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Downloaded and working fine for my iPad with my Hub 3.0.

Apple has reportedly also fixed their bug that was causing the WiFi issue with iOS 11.4.1.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
ra50
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  Sadly I only have a 2.0 Hub so I think I will wait

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OK, but as I said above iOS 12 is supposed to fix the WiFi bug Apple introduced in iOS 11.4.1 with some routers around the world, including the Hub 2.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@ra50 wrote:

Anyone downloaded IOS 12 yet?  It’s available but daren't download it in case it makes WiFi problem even worse or has any other lurking horrors

Stublee says its working fine on his SH2 and iPad

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/IPhone-iOS-11-4-1/td-p/3771082/page/64

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Community elder
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

iOS 12 installed ok on iPad Pro, iPhone 8 and 2 x iPhone X, no problems whatsoever. iOS 12.1 beta available for registered users. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
ra50
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well I decided to install on my iPad.  Not touching my iPhone yet,  Bit of a nightmare as only have WiFi on iPad so it dropped out over and over again during the download and installation but eventually it was done.  Fraid it’s no miracle solution - still dropping out but not quite so quickly. Am going to try again to persuade them to give me a Super Hub 3.   They refused because they didn’t understand the problem and as it was in the middle of the UKTV farrago, I decided I would leave until this software release. Disappointed that will have to go back into battle.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adduxi
Super solver
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Installed yesterday without any issues, all pretty smooth so far.

0 Kudos