cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERNET SIGNAL BUT NO CONNECTION

SJ-34
Joining in

Was supposed to have Virgin installed on 28th February 2023. The engineer came and installed all the connections and equipment. 

To date I have internet but no connection. I have had 4 technician visits including 2 fault technicians, spoken with the fault, complaints and customer service department on numerous occasions. I have had a new hub put in, new cables, hits to my hub, turn off and on, reset etc 100's of times and deleted the wifi then added again with password. I cannot speak to Virgin anymore its so depressing and stressful.

When i go into settings on my phone for the VM Hub it says registration failure. 

I am pulling my hair out please someone help me !! 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@SJ-34 wrote:

Was supposed to have Virgin installed on 28th February 2023. The engineer came and installed all the connections and equipment. 

<snip>

Your description possibly sounds something like a back-office registration/activation problem to do with your account.

You have said 'To date I have internet but no connection.' but presume you meant you have a connection but no internet access?

Has anyone ever managed to gain internet access on your VM connection at any time (VM tech's, visitors, yourself)?

Have you tested other devices and a wired connection as well as wireless? (These probably won't work either but asking for completeness)

The VM forum staff should reply here within a few days and offer to help which I imagine will involve referring on to a higher tier of support.

In the meantime you will be eligible for compensation at £5.25 per day from the date of your first failed installation/activation.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

keep detailed records as you go along, and all VM's failed fix attempts, to make sure you are paid the correct compo once you are eventually connected.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Legend

Does the internet work for a device connected via a network cable ?

TBH I don't know.

So I should try connecting my phone/laptop/tv to the hub with a network cable??

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@SJ-34 wrote:

<snip>

Your description possibly sounds something like a back-office registration/activation problem to do with your account.

You have said 'To date I have internet but no connection.' but presume you meant you have a connection but no internet access?

Has anyone ever managed to gain internet access on your VM connection at any time (VM tech's, visitors, yourself)?

Have you tested other devices and a wired connection as well as wireless? (These probably won't work either but asking for completeness)

The VM forum staff should reply here within a few days and offer to help which I imagine will involve referring on to a higher tier of support.

In the meantime you will be eligible for compensation at £5.25 per day from the date of your first failed installation/activation.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

keep detailed records as you go along, and all VM's failed fix attempts, to make sure you are paid the correct compo once you are eventually connected.

Connect the laptop to the Hub with a network cable - does it gain internet access ?

The hub menus are at http://192.168.0.1/   the Hub's password is on a sticker ( it is not the same as the WiFi password )

The hub has a status page that shows if Internet / WiFi / Telephone are working.

'You have said 'To date I have internet but no connection.' but presume you meant you have a connection but no internet access?' my wifi says Connected with no internet so yes I think that's what I mean 🙂

Has anyone ever managed to gain internet access on your VM connection at any time (VM tech's, visitors, yourself)? No no-one has ever had access. 

I have not tested a wired connection but will try to do this tonight. Thank you so much for all your advise this is very helpful. 

Ok thank you for the advice i will give this a go. 

Good Afternoon @SJ-34, thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Can you please provide us with an update following the advice offered from fellow users?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I finally have Virgin after 1 month trying to get it connected!!

A very nice technician visited this morning and said that 2 of the connections in the green box were not working. He split a connection and I am now up and running 🙂 i am so happy 🙂

He said this could have been sorted out on my first Virgin visit, that I was very unlucky and this doesn't usually happen. I have to say the fault/customer services/complaints department were absolutely useless and I hope I NEVER have to deal with them again. 

Now I just have to sort out my compensation and stop them from charging me £75 on 1st April which should be fun !!!!!!!

Glad to hear that the technician was able to resolve this for you and get you up and running @SJ-34 

I can see on the system that you have spoken to the team and the next steps for this have been completed and are awaiting the teams findings regarding compensation. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley