cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to terminate my account as I have moved out., but can't get through.

truptiranpise
Tuning in

Hi,

There is no straight forward option in My Virgin media app to request termination for my account. I try their whatsapp chat which never got me through an actual agent even after waiting for hours.

Today I tried calling +44 3454541111, I was asked to enter account number, area code and my security number. After I did enter all correct details, I was given information on my account and the call got cut.

Could you please help me terminating my contract?

Thanks,

Trupti

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The most reliable way to cancel is to write to

Virgin Media,
Sunderland,
SR43 4AA

Include your account number, address, full name and phone number

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I live out of the UK, so cannot send letter to Virgin media in UK.

I have also got a reply on today's message of mine from another person from your team to send details like full name, account number, full postal code, security numbers.

When I am trying to do so, i cannot reply as I get an error "None of the users have PM enabled. Message will not be sent"

truptiranpise_0-1675601350330.png

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @truptiranpise 

You are trying to send a PM to a forum team member, who you last contacted in May 2022. 

There would be a cut off date enabling you send PM's to that individual member of forum staff, plus Hayley_S has left the company.

If you try to send a PM to staff that they haven't authorised then the forums systems will automatically send the rejection message you are seeing.

If a member of the Forum Team wants to allow you to have a PM conversation with them then they will send you a new invitation enabling you to contact them using that method.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi truptiranpise,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you haven't been able to cancel dues to no longer being in the UK and that you have advised you also cannot write in.

So I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.