cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve taken over the house from my mother and want to get my own package.

Garydunlop00
Tuning in

Basically my mother moved out and the Virgin is in her name, I am taking over the house but would like to get my own package in my name (different package).

Do I need to cancel the original package first then order a new package or can I order a new package to get installed before she cancels? 

I don’t want to be without Ethernet while waiting for a new package.

3 REPLIES 3

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Garydunlop00 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

You mother will definitely need to cancel her current package for you to be able to sign up for an account in your at the same address. We can only have one account at one address at any one time. 
You can then look to add your own services and try to align the cancellation date and your installation date to ensure there is no disruption on service. It might be better to speak to one of our sales team directly to organise 
this for you rather than ordering online.

I am more than happy to support you on this if needed, I can send you a private message and organise a call back from the best team of you would like ?

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

I’ve already found a package I would like on a comparison site, would I still be able to get this deal by speaking to you direct? 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Was your mother on a fixed term or rolling monthly contract? If it was a fixed term then there would probably be a termination fee to pay. If it’s a rolling monthly contract I believe you have to give 30 days notice.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2