cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve been trying to cancel for almost 3 months

frustratedpanda
Joining in

Hi,

I moved out of my previous house on July 31st. I’d rang Virgin and was assured my contract would be cancelled when we left. In August I got a bill, so I rang again and spoke to a lady who told me she’d cancel, and also told me to cancel my direct debit so no money could be taken. I did.

Cue September and I get ANOTHER bill, I ring again. This time I’m talking to a really nice man in Movers who tells me he’ll get his manager to clear the debt and ring me back. He never does.

A couple days ago I used the Whatsapp support to try and get help instead because the phone calls were costing me exorbitant amounts given I have to be on the line for ages at a time. I was pinged between different support sections, ultimately assured a (non-pay?) disconnection would occur in 24h (which was two days ago now). The agent was apologetic, did some investigation and confirmed my story and told me someone would ‘predate’ my disconnection (I assume to deal with the debt?) but he connected me to another section who then didn’t have a clue what he was trying to do and tried to get me to ring another section and I’m so fed up!!! I asked multiple times would the disconnection occur in 24h? Yes. Would I get email confirmation? Yes. But NOTHING!!!

I’ve filled out three sets of complaint forms and got nothing from any of them. I don’t even think they were sent. I’ve done everything right, called, pleaded with support agents for help and can’t get anything. I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t want to be chased for money I shouldn’t owe. Is it really this hard to get help for something that I was not at fault for?

I understand these agents are human beings, and I’ve been nothing but polite and understanding when I’m speaking to them, but I’m at the end of my tether here.

Does anyone know what I can do?

9 REPLIES 9

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@frustratedpanda wrote:

Hi,

<snip>

Does anyone know what I can do?

Wait for the VM forum team to respond here within a few days and, hopefully, sort this out for you, backdating to your original disconnection date. Keep any/all records, inc. online messages etc., which prove all of your many attempts to cancel. When you get your final bill from VM, make sure it shows a suitable credit for the overpayments you have made since your original cancellation date.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
And confirm everything in writing to the cancellation Department

Cancel In writing to…
Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name ,address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.

Do it by registered mail next day delivery guaranteed and with a receipt for signature on arrival.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey frustratedpanda, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about your disconnection issues.

I have taken a look at our side I can see you have been in contact with the team who have given you some advice.

Have they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Um… no?

Hi frustratedpanda

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I am sorry to hear they were not able to resolve this for you.

You'll either need to give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111, message us on Whatsapp Messenger on 07305327112 and we can assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Let me just check that I have gotten this right.

The OP has been trying to cancel his (or her) contract for three months now and has been stymied at every attempt, yes? They have called the correct Helpdesk (something of a misnomer, I feel) numbers and used the WhatsApp chat nonsense, yes?

And the advice from the forum team is 'sorry about that, you need to call the helpdesk or use the WhatsApp chat thing and they can assist you'!

Well we all know where this is heading, don't we? But let's give the forum team another chance to step in, and the phrase 'we can't help at all with cancellation or package change issue', is absolutely the wrong response - because you can and have done so, do I need to go through and find and post links to all the other threads where this has been done?

Of course the nuclear option here is an escalation to CISAS, I take it that it has been well over eight weeks since your first official complaint that was simply ignored, yes?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@frustratedpanda wrote:

Um… no?

Have you tried in writing as I advised above?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@jbrennand wrote:

@frustratedpanda wrote:

Um… no?

Have you tried in writing as I advised above?

Well maybe they have or maybe they haven’t but really that isn’t the point here is it?

VM officially provide a number of ways to cancel, it does seem that the OP has used at least one of them to cancel and it’s really not their problem if VM is institutionally incompetent or deliberately unwilling to process said request - let’s see what OFCOM make of that, shall we?

But yes, I would agree with you that considering  VM’s organisational incompetence, it is always a good idea to process a cancellation via the good old fashion letter, just so you have an evidence trail when it inevitably ends up with arbitration or the Law Courts.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jem101 wrote:

But yes, I would agree with you that considering  VM’s organisational incompetence, it is always a good idea to process a cancellation via the good old fashion letter, just so you have an evidence trail when it inevitably ends up with arbitration or the Law Courts.

Exactly my point.

--------------------
John
--------------------