cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to move my hub

preep
On our wavelength

My router is downstairs. I have a room upstairs that cannot pick up a signal no matter what I try. I get by with an ethernet cable going up the stairs. It's always been a problem since I've been here in 2005. Could I have an engineer visit to sort this issue once and for all? Also it's not suitable to have router where it is due to recent changes in the room. 

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will move their hub for £25.

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @preep

There would be a £25 non fault call out charge (it used to be £99) to do the work you require.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi preep,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Just as been advised by both there would be a £25 charge to relocate the Hub.

Do you have any Boosters/Pods in place in the affected room?

Let us know,

Kain

preep
On our wavelength

Hi, thanks for you reply. No. I tried this and it made no difference. See link below. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Extender-Broadband-Ethernet-RE330/dp/B0929WHLPP/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3K8...

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for advising, preep.

From the link we can see you've tried some 3rd party equipment, please have a look here for our Wi Fi Max service and how our intelligent Wi Fi Pods can help with your poor signal in the upstairs room.

Let us know of your thoughts and if you wish to try boosting your signal away from the hub using our pods.

In the event this is not suitable for you, we can assist by arranging a relocation visit so you can move the hub to a different part of the house.

As advised above, this comes with a £25 one off charge.
Please, tell us how you wish to proceed and we'll be here to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs