cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a new router. Who in earth do I speak to??!

KEEPCARLM
Tuning in

Everything I click on the website is just some useless trouble shooting guide asking me if I turned it off and on again. 

Yes.

I have to turn the thing off every damn time it inexplicitly disconnects me from the Internet.

There's no live chat on virgin media anymore? I don't want to spend 1 hour in a queue to be told to restart my router. I just need a new one that works as clearly this one is faulty.

It is 100% a router issue, my Internet will drop out. Across all devices in the house. I then restart the router (hub 3) and after the longest restart process of all time it will come back online. This is not practical in the slightest as I need a constant Internet connection.

Where can I actually do something about it??? Its winding me up. The customer service at virgin is shocking. 

3 REPLIES 3

lotharmat
Community elder
Is it only wireless that drops or do wired connection behave in the same manner?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
And what do the Hub lights show/do when a disconnect occurs

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Corey_C

Thanks for you rpost and for reaching out to the community forums, KEEPCARLM,

Sorry to hear that you have having broadband connectivity issues. Have you been able to get things sorted since your post? What kind of connectivity issues are you having? when you say the Internet will drop out, what does that mean? Do you mean wired or wireless or do you mean the device itself?

We do ask you troubleshooting questions or to do diagnostics because there can be several reasons for what is happening such as poorly configured wireless network or out of range, it could be the electric outlet you have the hub plugged in is causing power issues.

Our online diagnostics and self care tool can help you with most things as well as book tech visits or replace equipment without you having to speak with anyone. But let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,

Corey C