cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two WiFi options

Jonanne
Joining in

I seem to have two WiFi options to choose form when I join my WiFi, my original and a new code that is the same digits but has -Pro on the end? I am tempted to try the connection with the Pro as I assume it would be better?

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jonanne, 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding this query. Have you been able to test this new connection out? Since when did this new connection appear and have you made any changes to your set up?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am not sure when the second option appeared, but I did add a 300 Mbps wifi range extender a few months ago as my wifi was struggling to cope with the number of devices. It has improved the wifi stability and stopped us having to re-boot the hub3 particularly to reconnect Sonos! 

Looks like I have answered my original question and the mysterious second wifi option is the booster!!….unfortunately I only have basic user knowledge of IT so I thought it best to seek help….bit if I am correct, should I use the extender in preference to the HUB?

Regards

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jonanne,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to this ongoing issue. I'm glad to hear that your connection has become more stable and that you're happy with your speeds.

Can you tell us if this extender is one of our Intelligent WiFi Pods, or is it a third party equipment? 

An extender would usually work along the Hub, not as a router itself. Please let us know if we can help any further. If it is a third party equipment, we will be able to assist by the help of our Community members, who will be more than happy to help if needed.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs