cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can't update web safe settings

rajns12006
Joining in

Whenever i access to update web safe setting including child safe - web page prompts - 

Sorry- We can't update your Web Safe settings at the moment. Please try again later. Your previous Web Safe settings will remain active.

How can i resolve this issue. have been trying to contact virgin helpline for last 3 days but no success. please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

If your wanting web safe off you can change the DNS on your device to use 1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,9.9.9.9

---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

If your wanting web safe off you can change the DNS on your device to use 1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,9.9.9.9

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you @legacy1. but i want to have flexibility of changing web safe settings with in my apps. currently, it is not allowing me to do so. websafe setting are not available or highlighted on the page 

I can't update web virgin media websafe issue.PNGsafe settings on explorer for my router, please see below screenshot

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rajns12006,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of this. Have you managed to update the settings since posting? If not, can you try another browser for me?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Thank you. Yes, i tried different browser before posting the query here. i tried IE, chrome, firefox, all with same results.

Thanks for coming back to me. I'll send you a PM to get some details as we need to raise this with our IT team.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi,

I too am having the same issue. Would you be able to assist?

tanvirhussainab
Joining in

Hello, I am having the same issue as above where the yellow banner comes and tells me there are something wrong and web safe cannot be configured at the moment. I did try changing the DNS and now it is has been unblocked. This is not the solution I prefer as Web safe is an essential tool to protect my family from harmful content. If anyone has any answer how to get back the settings so that I can keep on configuring it by adding and removing sites to keep my family secured would be of great help. 

sudar82
Tuning in

Hi, How did anyone get around this? Everytime I got to Websafe I can't see any settings other it saying I have it installed.