cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hun 4 won’t connect to Connect App

gavhep
On our wavelength

Received an email from Virgin this evening saying the Hib4 is now compatable with the Connect App, but attempting to connect and the app is unable to locate my hub.

any help greatly appreciated 

26 REPLIES 26

gavhep
On our wavelength

Also,

I have tried an an alternative device with a fresh download with no luck.

Reset button pressed for 45sec also did not work.

im stumped 

Hi gavhep, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with getting your hub 4 and the Connect app to connect. 

In order for it to work you need to ensure you're loading the app when connected to your home WiFi. It won't connect if you're on mobile data or a different WiFi network. It this still doesn't work, do a hardware reset on your hub ensuring you hold the reset button for a full 45 seconds. 

If you're still having issues then we would need a little more information from you so we can feed this back into the project. 

Can you let me know the following:

• What is the make and model device you are using?
  • What OS is the device running?
  • What is the version of the app you are running?

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Remember the App previously did not support the HUB4 so the App did nothing till now.

They were tied top your account/HUB4 by VM and sent out then set themselves up without the App and worked fine so long as the HUB4 had these three things set correctly.

1) WIFI not split.

2) Auto Channels.

3) Auto Optimisation.

In reality you do not even need a PC or mobile device even turned on, just go and plug the POD in a socket and wait a while for it to Sync to your HUB.

gavhep
On our wavelength

Hi Kath,

Have tried the suggestions you have made with no success. Here is the info you requested:

IOS 15.6

app version 12.20.14

using iPhone 13 Mini

gavhep
On our wavelength

All details responded to. Do you have any update?

Hi gavhep, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

Can you please go in to your Settings > select WiFi > click the little I in a circle next to the network you're connected to. On this screen there will be some information. Can you please take a screenshot of the IP Address, Subnet Mask and Router information please and send this to me via private message? To do this just click on my name and once my profile loads there should be a send message option at the top right-hand side 🙂

Once I have this I will be able to feed this back in to the project so we can then look at getting things resolved for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi davhep, 

If you can send that to Kath via a private message she will be able to investigate that for you. 

^Martin

gavhep
On our wavelength

Hi, Private message sent 🙂

Hi @gavhep

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited to hear back from the team. 

They have advised that a small fix was put in place for some users overnight last night. Can you please delete the app from your device, reinstall it and make sure you are opening it whilst connected to the Home WiFi Hub. Try connecting to the Hub and let me know how you get on. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

gavhep
On our wavelength

No luck unfortunately 😩 Tried all previous steps also just incase but again failed to connect.