cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hun 4 problems

dublife58
On our wavelength

Hi we have the new hub 4. We upgraded to the big package and had nothing but trouble since , internet WiFi and Ethernet keep dropping 360 tv mosaics all the time , had engineers out he thought it was the attenuator as it still had 10db on instead of 2 db , problem remained the engineer said factory  reset hub I did and it still was the same , the they replaced hub on Thursday and the problem still remains internet went off again last night and I did hub diagnostics and it said your home network has some problems, I did a online check and it says it’s the wires coming into the house have a problem i what’s app the screen shot to engineer and he is just telling me to reset hub with all Ethernet unplugged and only add 1 wire at a time , I did all that with this hub and the old one and everything still drops he is saying it’s something in my house doing it , has anyone else had this problem, and found a solution as paying for a service that isn’t right 

0C9A99AA-7BA5-4E89-BB39-B24381059F93.png

E9752185-C2CA-46D4-B86B-4A2D867EAC00.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I've marked that for staff to advise - if the technician can't spot that the upstream is riddled with timeouts as you already have, perhaps they need to find another career.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I've marked that for staff to advise - if the technician can't spot that the upstream is riddled with timeouts as you already have, perhaps they need to find another career.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dublife58,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you have been having some issues with your service. Thanks for escalating this to us @Andrew-G

I have taken a look at the account and can see the power levels are out of spec so I will need to book another technician to get this corrected for you. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and get this arranged. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the details as requested via PM @dublife58

I have booked a technician out for you now. Should you find the time and date unsuitable, feel free to re-schedule the appointment via your online account

Please do keep us posted and let us know how the visit goes 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

I’ve had the engineer visit he checked my readings on his tech twice before coming in from his van 1 time was perfect next time levels was all over the place , so he knew something was wrong he checked indoor cable then went to main box in street it was fine but something was wrong with cable feed so he went to my grid out side house cut wire and said there is the problem it’s a problem in the wire in your garden is spiking so throwing it all out , he has put a temporary wire across garden out the way so no trip hazzards and service was up and running and read correct power levels 😀

my virgin engineer was Tom ID 63714 

he was fantastic and checked everything out to rule out everything  so fingers crossed no dropping of internet now and we can watch tv normally again as we couldn’t even watch Netflix or prime because of issues 

thanks again for the help you both gave and got me up and running again 😀👍🌟🌟🌟

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dublife58,

Thank you for your update, I am so glad to hear its all up and running and our tech did a great job 🙂 

Zoie