cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hugely unreliable connection

Disconnected1
Joining in

Subject says it all really. WiFi is off more often than it’s on.

26 REPLIES 26

I know but I was ready to try anything 

Yep. Done this too, but thank you.

No, we have tried all that before. We have been trying to sort this issue for over a year. To be honest, everyone on our road who uses Virgin has similar issues so I suspect it’s more to do with the supply. Those on other networks are fine.

@Disconnected1 wrote:

No, we have tried all that before. We have been trying to sort this issue for over a year. To be honest, everyone on our road who uses Virgin has similar issues so I suspect it’s more to do with the supply. Those on other networks are fine.

Do wired connections also drop in that case?

If it's a network-wide issue then everything would drop off together.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Disconnected1.

Thank you for posting on the community page.

There is a current outage in your area under the reference F009185366 we have an estimated fixture time of 2nd of August.

We are sorry for the current issues that this is causing, we are hoping for this to be fixed for the date provided, in the mean time please try to use your wired connection where you can for a more stable connection.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Is the outage still an issue? Because the connection is still dire.

Hi Disconnected1,

It looks like the area outage had now been resolved, however when checking it does seem like a few of your hubs levels are out of specification.

Can you please perform a reboot of the hub and I will check this levels again.

Let me know if there is any change with the connection after this.

Alex_Rm

Hi,

We reset the hubs several times a day so please feel free to test again

Thanks for resetting the Hub, from looking at the connection there does appear to be issues with the upstream power levels. I'm going to send you a Private message to get some more details from you to arrange a technician.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

Thanks for confirming the requested information, I have now arranged for a technician to attend and look into this further. Details for the appointment can be found here if there are any issues please let me know and I can look to reschedule the visit.

Please be aware that this is the earliest we can get someone out to you and any changes may delay this appointment.

Rob