cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5 solid white but can’t connect to WiFi

awais3859
Tuning in

So I have the hub 5, and it’s been working fine until today. The modem shows a solid white light however I can’t connect to the internet nor does the wifi connection show up in the first place to connect to it. I’ve tried pressing reset button for 20 sec, still doesn’t do nothing. Tried switching it off and taking plug out, still hasn’t been fixed, still shows solid white light when it comes back on, doesn’t even flash. Service status is fine. Wires are connected. Need help ASAP please. Also technician will come in 3 days time and I can’t wait that long

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

awais3859
Tuning in

So I have the hub 4, and it’s been working fine until today. The modem shows a solid white light however I can’t connect to the internet nor does the wifi connection show up in the first place to connect to it. I’ve tried pressing reset button for 20 sec, still doesn’t do nothing. Tried switching it off and taking plug out, still hasn’t been fixed, still shows solid white light when it comes back on, doesn’t even flash. Service status is fine. Wires are connected. Need help ASAP please. Also technician will come in 3 days time and I can’t wait that long

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

awais3859
Tuning in

So I have the hub 4, and it’s been working fine until today. The modem shows a solid white light however I can’t connect to the internet nor does the wifi connection show up in the first place to connect to it. I’ve tried pressing reset button for 20 sec, still doesn’t do nothing. Tried switching it off and taking plug out, still hasn’t been fixed, still shows solid white light when it comes back on, doesn’t even flash. Service status is fine. Wires are connected. Need help ASAP please. Also technician will come in 3 days time and I can’t wait that long

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You have posted twice... once saying yiou have a Hub5 and one saying its a Hub4 - which is it?

Try a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords will reset to those on the sticker. See if that sorts it. If not try the reset one last time and hold pin longer.

Also, Have you checked first for any “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yh it’s the hub 4. I’ve tried resetting with only the coax cable in, however no luck. Still shows the solid white line on the modem. Checked service status, no issues at all, must be a fault with the box. Booked technician in for Tuesday so will have to wait till then

Hi @awais3859
Welcome to the community!
Sorry to hear you're having issues with connecting to your broadband service. I can see that you have a technician visit today. Please let us know how you get on with the appointment and if the technician has resolved this issue for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley