cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5 available

McKenize333
On our wavelength

Good morning all.

Just want to find out when hub5  is available in general speaking   to order one?

VM HUB5/ RT-AX86 Router SamKnows Whitebox 8.0. 02 Unlimited calls and Text>https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/WiFi-Routers/ASUS-Gaming-Routers/RT-AX86U/

2.5GB WAN LINK RT-AX86 Router and HUB5
10 REPLIES 10

clowns202
On our wavelength

You don't really order one unless it's needed for a speed upgrade to your service or you have faults/issues and it's the only replacement.

_ _ _my_background _ _ _
Former VM customer of 15+ years. 1Gig, xl TV and phone packages. Finally gave up after months, and many hours, of trying to get them to fix things. Never seen a company like them!

BT 900meg full fibre BB, TV, Netflix + HomePhone+free calls with all support in UK. (£94 all in)

Prevously o2> Vodafone 5G Unlimited sim & 2x Vodafone 5G 100GB sims. (£50 all in)

annorax
Superfast

@McKenize333 wrote:

Good morning all.

Just want to find out when hub5  is available in general speaking   to order one?

Unless you get an invite, you'll have to wait until VM makes an announcement on when the Hub 5 gets released.

Was told by someone within VM, that the HUB5 is still in test phase.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RedGooner wrote:

Was told by someone within VM, that the HUB5 is still in test phase.

Officially it's in soft launch (??) and they are still working on the firmware for VoIP and Pods compatibility.  I would imagine once these are all sorted, amongst other reported bugs, it will be ready to go.  🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Even when the Hub5 becomes generally available, I expect it to be provided initially for all new installations and probably upgrades to 1G. I will not be an "I want a Hub5, send me one"  situation.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I also want a SH5, as its got a 2.5Gbps NIC port on it. My current external router is 2.5Gbps ready.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi McKenize333, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Thanks for expressing an interest in the hub 5.  I can see that our fantastic community members have given you correct advice.  The only thing I can really add is, when there is an announcement, it will show, here.

Regards

Lee_R

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it showed up there some (checks yellowing notes) seven months ago https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/virgin-media-launches-its-first-ever-wifi-6-broadband-router/

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@McKenize333Why would you want a Hub 5?  According to your sig details, you've got a Hub 3, so not on a 1 Gbps connection, and therefore the 2.5 Gbps port on the Hub 5 won't help you, and you've already provided your own router of a far, far superior grade to the Hub 5, so there's no value in the Hub 5's router capabilities.  If you currently want to move to 1 Gbps, then the Hub 4 is perfectly acceptable, and the marginal limitation of 1 Gbps ports versus the potential 1.1 Gbps potential is hardly worth worrying about.

And as somebody currently running a Hub 5 in modem mode having moved from a Hub 3, I can assure you that any claims around the supposed superiority of Broadcomm to Intel innards is misplaced, there's no measurable or perceivable difference in performance on latency critical uses.