cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5 WiFi pods won’t connect

Ijlane
On our wavelength

I’ve just been upgraded to a hub5 with 1gbps, but my Wifi pods won’t connect to the hub. I’ve tried factory resetting the hub, linking the pods via cat5 Ethernet to hub, rebooting the hub, pressing the wps button on hub, but still no luck. Rang VM customer service who said that a hub hard reset & waiting 24hrs should fix it - it didn’t!

There seems to be no way to hard reset the pods, which is strange.

The Connect app says that I don’t have any pods to install, despite me asking VM CS to check that they are now relinked to the hub5  

Wifi6 is good thru most of my bungalow, but it doesn’t reach to my utility room extension so the tech I have in there is struggling to find WiFi. 

Any ideas? Btw: I’m a retired IT engineer, so am finding this very frustrating! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lotharmat
Community elder
May be worth calling the activation line to make sure the pods are 'paired' with your hub.

I think the number is 0800 953 9500

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

lotharmat
Community elder
May be worth calling the activation line to make sure the pods are 'paired' with your hub.

I think the number is 0800 953 9500

Ijlane
On our wavelength

VM CS did their magic & both hubs are connected! Turns out that the ‘work order’ for my ‘self install’ of the hub5 hadn’t been closed, so the pods hadn’t been re-registered. 
thanks 

Glad it worked.

Thanks for helping @Ijlane with this issue @lotharmat 😁
Your knowledge here on the Community Forums is always appreciated! 

Megan_L